It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
(male)

ben83 HB User
Question Flat Warts?

Ever since i was 9, i had this small wart on my foot, but over the course of the last few years it has grown. It looks like plantar warts but they are flat and have lots of little black dots in them and are barely spaced and located on the ball of my foot and my Big and first toe. There is a good 30 of them there now, and i even have some on the lower palm of my left hand and inbetween my thumb and pointer finger on my right hand, My mom took me to a dermatologist that had no idea what he was doing and ended up "attempting" to freeze them off, but only gave me a few blood blisters. And they keep multiplying, im scared that they will spread to more noticable regions on my body and i am very self consious about them. Can someone tell me what they are and what to do about them?

Old 10-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Flat Warts?

Welcome to the boards, ben83!

What you are describing sounds like plantars warts. They are flat because we put our feet in shoes and stand on them, and warts have the characteristic black specks in them which are actually blood supplies they develop to feed them.

Please keep in mind that not every doctor out there will be a good fit for you. Now that you have over 30 of them, you really need to be under a doctor's care to rid yourself of them or you risk having them spread even worse. They are very contagious, and you can get them in other parts of your body as well.

Primary care doctors as well as dermatologists can freeze warts. With so many of them, you probably need to be working with a dermatologist now. Try giving another doctor a chance, and if they aren't a good fit for you, go to another one yet.

Best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
teen health, warts