It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
(female)

Lubertha HB User
Question hardware removal after heel osteotomy

I had pttd surgery in June of 2011. Thanks to all of the wonderful and informative posts on this heath board I did not lose my mind entirely. I had pretty much recovered from that surgery when I began to have pain in my heel and ankle that kept getting worse. My orthopedist ordered an MRI and CT scan to evaluate the problem. The CT revealed extra bone growth over the hardware from the heel osteotomy. I had surgery to remove this hardware and shave off the extra bone. Has anyone else had this experience and if so what was your recovery time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

kizzle3 HB User
Re: hardware removal after heel osteotomy

I have not had it yet but it is looking like I am going in for it shortly. I still have both screws in my heel and am undergoing a CT to confirm what is being felt is bone! I am wondering what the recovery time for this kind of surgery is as well. My Surgeon did say I would be only out for 1 week whenever he did decide to go in and get the screws but now this other problem has happened. I am only 6 months post OP and hes trying to wait it out until 8-9 months before the screws can come out and I am not sure I can handle it for that long.

The following user gives a hug of support to kizzle3:
Lubertha (11-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
(female)

Lubertha HB User
Re: hardware removal after heel osteotomy

I remember when I was six moths out from the original flat foot surgery. I was just beginning to feel like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. i am sorry to hear that you are facing another surgery so soon. I had the plate taken out from my heel and the extra bone shaved off about a week ago. Its not too bad. I have clearance to walk on my foot to the extent that I can tolerate the pain. I can walk ok with crutches, but it hurts a lot to try to walk without them. I hope to be free of them in a week or so. I hope things work out well for you.

Reply Reply