It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

Grumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB User
Financial help

Can't remember what thread it was in (pain meds are great for pain but they sure do a number on my memory) but there were a couple of people who were in the position of not having insurance. Wanted to suggest calling your local Shriner organization. Many years ago my dad had something wonky going on with his eye. Wonky being a layman's term of course.

In a nutshell he was going to lose his sight and we couldn't afford the operation. When he told the doctor that we couldn't afford it the doctor set him up with the Shriners and they took care of everything. He got the operation and all was ok financially.

Ever since then I usually empty out my wallet when I see someone with one of those beanies and a bucket for donations. Absolutely love those guys. Love. These. Guys. Love them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpstress For This Useful Post:
LabGimp (11-07-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
Re: Financial help

Thank is great information! !! I don't have insurance and am in a pickle! Definitely worth looking into. My boyfriend used to work for the president of the local Shriners so maybe he can get in touch of him. The guy is also a sheriff.
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
Re: Financial help

Well worth a try! All they can do is say no, and if they can't help you ask if they know of any other resources. Lots of help is out there. You just have to ask and know where to find it. Good luck!

Reply Reply