Mine says avoid direct heat or sun. If I don't put it directly in front of the heater, that's not direct heat right? Lol.
And ginger, thanks. The the image I try to put out. lol! I'm scared of a lot actually, but I try to not let that stop me. Though, I don't know if I'll ever rock climb again. The mental stress/ptsd is pretty strong.
And you're right, it doesn't hurt more than when I did it. But I'm scared of hurting it to the point of never being able to hike mountains again. There's something I'm scared of!
I feel like it's taking forever to dry! In reality, it's only been like an hour and a half, but my foot feels so vulnerable outside of the boot, and it's getting very sore.
Only downside is the boot still smells like funky foot. It's not changing colors anymore though, so at least I feel like its cleaner. It was really gross before, so I guess anything is better than how it was.
I know it sounds nuts, but I bought a 2nd CAM boot on Amazon. I use one outside my house, and one inside my house and bed. That way, they fully dry out half of the day, and don't get funky. I also don't have to worry about the public restroom I walked in while I am putting my boot into my bed :-).
I was able to put on a sock today (first time!) so maybe that will help. I like the herb/dryer sheet idea. I have to be careful with Febreeze and other spray smelly stuff because I'm hypersenstive to it and get migraines easily around stuff with strong scents. the perfume department in stores can incapacitate me if i'm not careful.
it dried out about 98%. I discovered the other 2% when I put it on and tightened it, and felt my skin get a little damp. I think it's all dried out now.
On a plus side, with a sock on and my pant leg down, my leg and foot looked just like it's normal partner. take the sock off and lift the pants up, and you see atrophy and waste and a former foot. it was nice to think it might be normal again someday.
The following 2 users give hugs of support to: AdkLizard46 ginger62 (11-14-2012), xerx790 (11-14-2012)
I did the same as Mr. Blotto
My insurance paid for one cam boot, and I bought another one for indoor use. I think it cost around $130. It was worth it, even though now I want to burn both Cam boots in a bon fire.