It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
re: My A2 PTT reconstruction

I might have to try that!
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyKanner:
LabGimp (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Y'all made my day. I was not at the front of the line when they handed out common sense. It's so much easier to wash dishes, dry your hair etc when you are not kneeling on a wobble board.
Cinder! Learn to use your brakes before your surgery!
Ginger

The following user gives a hug of support to ginger62:
LabGimp (11-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

Thank you so much on the tip of the second shower chair. I do have one here when my mother had to use when her MS got bad, but a good idea on the second one. I am trying to figure out what to do with Christmas decorating because i know my husband won't be good with putting away or will take his time. Maybe just simple so on the 26th I can easily put it away and "supervise" the taking down of the tree. I will figure that out next weekend since we have a nice long weekend and than it's only 4 more weeks before Christmas break. Wow!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #19
(female)

LabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB User

Hey Cinder - You'll love having a second shower chair. Just to make it clear, I sit near the faucet end facing away from the faucet. Then the second chair is toward the back of the tub and your can stretch your legs out across it. It allows you to take your time on cleaning your surgery leg and makes it much easier when you need to shave your legs. I also use the second chair as a place to put my hand for support when getting out of the tub. Try it now while you are still pre-surgery!

Oh, another thing on the shower. When you are at a point of being able to bend your knees and place your feet on the edge of the second chair, you can hold the shower head between your knees and aim the spray at your chest. That way you have two hands free to wash your body. It's easier than it sounds.

Sorry we kind of hijacked your thread on the knee scooter thing! It was great info, but we kind of took over! I'll start a separate thread on scooter info so we get that info out there.

Keep the Christmas decorations simple, but still make it how you want it. Everyone ELSE can take things down. It's not that complicated! My whole family has had to learn to do things that I always automatically did. It's been good for them (at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!).

Katy

10-18-2012
Surg repair of Peroneal Tendon Subluxation w/Fibular Groove deepening, Ligament reconstruction, debridement of osteophytes (spurs); orig injury 1976 car accident, broken ankle & femur

Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #20
(female)

Thank you so much. No need to apologize I have no idea how this is suppose to work and I actually think it is wonderful that everyone can come together to support each other and connect with others and share so not sure why it had to come down, but hopefully we can all stay connected because this actually is giving me the added boost and energy and assistance to follow through and you go into not feeling so alone and come through it with lots of help and support from others.
Great advice on the showering. Wish I would of had that idea when my mom was trying with her MS because I think that would of worked pretty good for her. Thank you everyone to staying together and supporting each other.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: cinder
ginger62 (11-18-2012), LabGimp (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Hand held shower head attachment is a must also. It makes 100% difference
Ginger

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
cinder (11-18-2012)
Old 11-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
(female)

Just checking in to see how you are doing Ginger. I hope you are recovering well. I can't believe tomorrow is December. Keep in touch. I hope you and your family enjoyed a great Thanksgiving.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Cinder!
My Thanksgiving was lovely, I hope yours was as well. Tomorrow starts your surgery month! Before December is over you'll be on your way. It took a long time to get here but now it'll fly by.
I started walking with one crutch today, it's a biggie for me so I was very excited. Are you all ready for your surgery?
Ginger

Old 11-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
(female)

Wow good for you only one crutch. I don't know if I am emotionally ready now. I thought I was. I did tell my principal so that was a relief but it also made me sad so I am feeling a little down. It will be a long recovery and I won't see the kids for a long time. I hope I can come out of this and look forward to having a better and more active lifestyle. Thanks for the support.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

There's lots of ups and downs, but I'm pretty sure in the long run you'll be happy. Days will go by and it seems like nothing is happening, then you'll have a jump forward. You just have to go with it. Keep in touch.
Ginger

Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #26
(female)

Hi Ginger,

Just checking in. I have been keeping myself busy and doing things. Only 2 more weeks from Thursday. I do, however, have a small outpatient surgery on Tuesday for a small tumor on my back, but that should be quick and I talked with the surgeon about my upcoming foot surgery and he said it should be fine. Keep in touch. I am beginning to get those butterflies and want to cancel out. hahahahahaha

Old 12-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Don't you dare! You've come this far.
Ginger

Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

How are you doing, Cinder? I've been thinking about you. I had a fall 2 weeks ago and have been pretty down since then but today finally felt back to where I was, so mentally doing much better.
You've only got a week to go, are you ready? xo
Ginger

Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #29
(female)

OH NO GINGER! I feel so horrible about your fall. How did you do it? I have been thinking about you. It's crazy, of course, with work and getting ready for the holidays and my surgery. I had my physical today and all went well. I found out that I will be having a regional and general. Not happy about the general at all. I would of preferred sedation so I don't feel like I was hit by a truck when you wake up. I will be in the hospital for one to two days. So all things that are making me want to cancel out, but I have everything in place now.

Please take care of yourself and keep in touch. I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season with many blessings for 2013 and thanks for keeping in touch.

Just take it slow and enjoy the holidays.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

I slipped off the scooter (again) and landed hard on my bare foot. It was incredibly painful...worse than the surgery. It was my own carelessness. Part of my heel is still not right so I have an appt. 12/26 to have it checked out.
I wasn't going to have general but did and it really wasn't any problem. Especially if you are staying over in the hospital. You'll be fine and they'll take good care of you.
I started PT in full this week and it has really made a difference. I walked (really walked and not stumbled) without crutches for 30 minutes today. I was so proud! It's a long road...the first couple of weeks just hurt, the next six weeks are boring and then the fun starts with therapy. But it really is worth it. I have more side to side motion already than I have had in a couple of years.
Thank you for the good wishes. I send the same back to you. I'm not going back to work til March so I'll be checking in on you all the time. One week from now your surgery will be all over! Big hugs and lots of love to you my first friend.
Ginger

Closed Thread