It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #76
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
re: My A2 PTT reconstruction

Cinder, I just slipped off my scooter AGAIN. If ever there was a reason to get off this thing ASAP I am it! The pain this time was much less, but I am going to bed with an ice pack strapped to my ankle. Pretty Woman is on TV...I watch it it over and over. Please don't worry about tomorrow. I saw my local ortho today and he said " I can't believe I hold your
ankle and your heel is here...when it used to be here!?". It will so be worth it. Just say your prayers tonight and add a little for yourself. The rest of us will bring on the big guns. Tomorrow at this time it will be done. His will will be done. I am not a bible beater by any means ( and please don't anyone be offended one way or another). I can just tell that you are good through and through. It will all be okay.
Love you so much,
Ginger

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
cinder (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #77
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

I am thinking of you! Get some sleep. I look forward to the message that you're doing well and on the mend. Take care!
~Kimberly
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyKanner For This Useful Post:
cinder (12-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #78
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Cinder,
It's 3:30am , a full moon and the wind is howling like a banshee here so no more sleep for me! I hope you can sleep in a little bit today. I'm so excited for you. It's going to stink for a while, sure, but in the long run it'll be so worth it. Like Kimberly said, we'll all be anxious to hear how you are. Between the two of you there have been some long waits for these surgeries. Be well and strong. (That sounds like it's from Star Trek! Haha!)
Oh yes, I forgot, ankle is much better this morning...see what a difference a couple of weeks can make? Last time it was horrible! You just have to be patient. Keep that thought in mind. It will come in handy many times.
Ginger

cinder (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #79
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

Good Morning everyone. I did sleep for a bit. I hope you are feeling better Ginger. Rest up today. We have a lot of snow here and my husband is plowing now. The morning wait is the worst, but hopefully it will go quickly. I might try to dust a bit. hahahahahaha I will update you when I can. Thanks again for walking with me on this journey. It's a been a long journey, but all of you made is so much better. We should all have a get together in NYC when we are better. hahahahahahaha

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: cinder
ginger62 (12-27-2012), LabGimp (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #80
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Good luck today Cinder! You'll be in my thoughts.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #81
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User

Cinder good luck today!! You will do just find.. you will be glad you did it, other are some days the I wish I didn't but I think that I won't be in so much pain when its all done and over with..
Good luck again I'll be thinking about you!!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #82
(female)

AdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB User

Just think how far away this day was when you first posted in this thread!!!

Good luck today, and think about how far you've come! I also can't wait for the "im home and all doped up on pain meds" message!

You are in my thoughts today!

Liz

Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #83
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User

Have any you had a problem with getting into healthboards? I got an error message today. I was so upset I thought I lost you all.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #84
Senior Veteran
(female)

All good for me. Had a problem like that a couple of weeks ago, though. It's amazing how much we come to depend on the board and each other, huh?

Oh, I misread....you had trouble logging on?

Last edited by ginger62; 12-27-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #85
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

I had issues earlier
January 2013

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #86
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User

My problem was trying to get into our threads. It seems better now. But I was waiting to hear from Cinder, and exdancer.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #87
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cinder is probably just going into surgery now. Bless her heart, she was originally scheduled for October 2nd and then got pushed back almost 3 months. Mine was 9/25 and she was the first one I talked to on this board since we thought we'd be recovering together. The support from everyone means so much to her, she's been so nervous. I have my fingers crossed for her right now. Think good thoughts!

cinder (12-29-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #88
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cinder probably won't message until this evening. Her surgery wasn't until 2pm. Will patiently be waiting to hear from her until then!
January 2013

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #89
(female)

If anyone hears from X dancer please let me know. I think I lost that thread. Thanks. I am home now I had my catheter taken out. I'm waiting to PP. I actually got dressed today and put on a skirt. It's pouring here in Connecticut. Getting up the handicapped ramp was a challenge At the urologist. I seem to be the only one with bladder problems. It is an extra I didn't need.

The following user gives a hug of support to Pesher:
ginger62 (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #90
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, Yay for you Phyllis! I know how much that catheter was bothering you. Exdancer's thread is PTTD surgery Dec. 17th, it's about halfway the front page of threads. Good luck with the bathroom! We never appreciate the small things til they are literally a pain.
Ginger

Pesher (12-27-2012)
Closed Thread