It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #91
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User
re: My A2 PTT reconstruction

Hope everything went well today Cinder..

Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #92
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Hey Cinder, I hope you're doing okay. Post as soon as you can. We're all thinking of you.
Ginger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #93
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

Cinder, ditto from me. Anxious to hear you are ok.

The following user gives a hug of support to ddill:
Pesher (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #94
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User

Hugs to cinder!
Phyllis

Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #95
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User

Hugs to cinder!
Phyllis

Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #96
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

Hi All I'm home and I was so touched by all the hugs and thoughtful words of encouragement. This site surely is a huge blessing. The doctor said all went well so that is good. Had a probelm with getting sick and I am still just eating saltines and drinking water. Nothing else feels good in my stomach. I guess that is what the meds do. Now the recovery. I am crying over trying to use the toilet and nothing is working. I have the knee scooter and the walker and crutches and canes and I'm trying everything I just can't seem to lift up on my good leg. Not sure if that is becuase I had the meniscus surgery a couple years ago or just not finding a good technique. The scooter is working well and I was able to wash my hair and brush my teeth with it on the side of the sink. I feel so sleepy so I have been sleeping on and off. My daughter bought up some lentil soup (lentils are good to eat for the New Year), but I couldn't eat it. Maybe I can try tomorrow. We will keep in touch and I am so happy to be back here and walking with all of you on this journey. Dr. D was wonderful and excellent at what he does. He told both me and my husband how evertyhing went really well. said he was able to attach the tendon my muscle and not the achilles heel and that should make a quicker or easier recovery, but I am still non-weight bearing for a long time. Keep in touch everyone. Love you all!

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: cinder
angelee43 (12-29-2012), ddill (12-29-2012), Erie0385 (12-29-2012), ginger62 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #97
(female)

NCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB User

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Sorry to hear you were sick, I was so scared I would be. As for getting to the bathroom, it gets easier after a few days. The first or second night after surgery, I was almost in tears, sick to my stomach trying to get from the sofa, to the bathroom, then to my bed, which is not far. I was totally not prepared for that. I told my husband there was no way I could do it and how would I make it through the next 6 weeks if I couldn't even get to the bathroom without completely exhausting myself. But, it got easier every time, and that feeling only lasted the first two or three days. The exhaustion was the one thing I was not prepared for, but it gets better, and after about two weeks I felt pretty much back to normal. After 3.5 weeks, the crutches stink, but it's pretty much just a way of life now. Hang in there....it gets easier from here on out!

The Following User Says Thank You to NCgirl96 For This Useful Post:
cinder (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #98
(female)

So welcome home. It's good to hear from you. I'm hoping that you got a special toilet seat so that it's higher. I am able to use the scooter to get to the bathroom and then use my good foot to get onto the toilet. If your husband has to help you so be it. You know the old story.... In sickness and in health. Yesterday was three weeks for me post op. I had the catheter taken out and I'm feeling little Freer. Right now the hardest part is keeping this foot in the air so many hours. I have just weaned myself off the narcotics. So now that I'm alert I'm also bored. I also was throwing up for a few days after the surgery. Nothing was coming up because I couldn't eat anything. But the anesthesia did it. I took a shower today, and washed hair. A major exhaustion. Got a cast cover, and really closed it up w Saran and duck tape. Used the scooter to help step over the lip of the shower. Used up the whole morning. So.....hang in there... Now 3 weeks, and coming along. So glad to hear from you. We will all be walking this spring!!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #99
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Cinder! I'm so happy to hear things went well! I was worried for a while there. Just rest, rest, rest for the next few days. Bathroom and bed is all you need to do. You'll start feeling better soon. It takes a while to get used to the splint. Haha, as soon as you do they'll take it off and put you in a cast. The worst is over. Did you have a block? Keep up on the meds and try to drink some ginger ale if you can. It will help settle your stomach.
Keep in touch,
Ginger

Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #100
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

I'm been thinking of you and am so glad you posted that you were ok. I assume you made it thru the snowstorm and got to hospital ok....and Dr. D explained everything? Did you stay just one night? Sleep is good for you right now. You are entitled to lots of rest. I'm sending you a real big hug!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #101
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User

I'm so glad to read you are home and it went well. It is so hard being nwb and I know it really feels overwhelming at times... Let yourself cry when you need to and rely on those who are there to care for you. You will have some very rough days and moments but they will - really! - get fewer and farther apart. Get some rest. Thinking of you!

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

The Following User Says Thank You to Snowrunner For This Useful Post:
cinder (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #102
(female)

I hope you're feeling better today Cinder. What with the snow and the cold weather there is no place to go anyway. So just keep that foot way up and rest. Every day you will feel better. And the mobility on the scooter give you some availability around the house. Maybe today you can have something light to eat. The narcotics do a job on our bowels. So stay away from the rice. If you can fruits and vegetables salad. I didn't have an appetite for a long time. Also drink lots of water. I bet you're feeling better today too. Just think you're almost one full week. Nothing is more important than taking care of yourself now. Feel good. Keep us all posted. Phyllis

The following user gives a hug of support to Pesher:
simonfoot (01-02-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pesher For This Useful Post:
cinder (12-30-2012)
Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #103
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

Feeling a little better today. Trying to not take as many pain pills, but it is difficult.

Last edited by cinder; 01-02-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Changes

Closed Thread