It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

giantloser HB User
Unhappy Tight tendons

I'm a teen and have played quite a lot of sport in my younger years but recent years only done horse riding.

I'm getting quite a bit of pain within my feet and ankles. My tendons feel tight and it hurts to move them. It usually occurs at the top front of my ankle and the top of my foot by my big toe. Now and then i get it under my feet and in my knees.

I cannot straighten my legs as it hurts to do so, therefore cannot touch my toes from a sitting or standing position without bending my knees.

My mom has advised me to go to the doctors but i feel I'd be wasting their time through them not being able to do anything so wondered if you guys had any opinions or ideas?

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by mod85; 11-27-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
Re: Tight tendons

Definitely worth getting checked out. You can't continue to live your life in pain. Best of luck to you!
~Kimberly
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyKanner For This Useful Post:
giantloser (11-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Tight tendons

hi, do you have access to an indoor pool? when I had achilles tendon reconstruction I did water walking so I was thinking being as young as you are you could definitely do some swimming and get loosened up. I would talk to a dr. though maybe get a physical therapy slip and insurance may pay for the pool access. just a thought, cathy

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
giantloser (11-28-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
ankle, feet, leg pain, opinion needed, tendon pain