It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

LabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB User
Anyone have a hand callus from crutches and/or scooter?

I developed a patch of what I thought was dry skin on the palm of my left hand. It is on the heel of my hand in the middle. I think it is actually a callus from using crutches and the scooter. I used my thumb to rub some Aquaphor in, and as I was rubbing it in, I felt all this "crunching" inside my hand. Weird! I used my thumb to dig in and work out the crackles, but it's so strange! My hands both got really sore when using crutches and I know this is the place I put the most pressure. Same with the scooter handles.

Has anyone else had a palm callus or crackling inside their hand?

10-18-2012
Surg repair of Peroneal Tendon Subluxation w/Fibular Groove deepening, Ligament reconstruction, debridement of osteophytes (spurs); orig injury 1976 car accident, broken ankle & femur

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
(male)

Mr Blotto HB UserMr Blotto HB UserMr Blotto HB User
Re: Anyone have a hand callus from crutches and/or scooter?

YES! I have been on crutches since mid-september, and by mid-october i developed rough calluses on the lower palms of both hands....hope they go away!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
(female)

LabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB UserLabGimp HB User

Hey Mr. Blotto -Glad to know I'm not the only one! Did you try rubbing the calluses? When I did self deep tissue massage by digging my thumb into the callus area, it just crunched away. I think I was forming adhesions. Fortunately, just using my thumb, I was able to break them up. I hope they go away, too!

10-18-2012
Surg repair of Peroneal Tendon Subluxation w/Fibular Groove deepening, Ligament reconstruction, debridement of osteophytes (spurs); orig injury 1976 car accident, broken ankle & femur

Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

I had them too gimp. They go away after you get off of the crutches. My hands just ached something fierce the entire time I was crutching. Think that's Gods way of telling me I'm fat. Hahaha
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 12-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User

I had them in May a year and a half ago, but this time (and in last march) I used Crutcheze crutch pads and didn't get them. Also, I'm (so far) using the scooter more this go around (even lifting it up and down the stairs on my own) and that is putting less pressure on my hands. They'll go away.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Closed Thread