It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
(male)

coachg37 HB User
Question Peroneal tendon surgery, cyst removal, and bone chip clean up.....with burning down

After I had surgery to repair my peroneal tendon and to remove bone chips and a cyst all at once........I have been experiencing pain, burning, pings, and numbness that includes the instep and parts of my toes. My fourth toe in particular feels painful underneath it. I am about three weeks post op and the the wound is still healing. It hurts and stings when I wiggle my toes and literally feels bruised underneath my fourth toe. Is this normal in recovery for this or should I be concerned. Surgeon 10 days after said he may have nicked a nerve.....Does this sound anywhere normal

Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User
Re: Peroneal tendon surgery, cyst removal, and bone chip clean up.....with burning do

Hi Coach, I have had many of those sensations. Some even feel like an electric shock. My doc says it is normal nerve healing. They work around those nerves so they g e t moved around....I had a lot of nerve pain & took lyrica for it. At 7 weeks out I feel pins &needles &some zinging. Healing seems to take forever. Take care...
Bonnie

The Following User Says Thank You to tenderfoot For This Useful Post:
coachg37 (12-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
Re: Peroneal tendon surgery, cyst removal, and bone chip clean up.....with burning do

I had a different procedure but all of those sensations are very familiar. The zings you call it feel like little electric jolts? Those made me crazy! I also had the pain under my fourth toe. I feel like the fat pad down there was affected somehow. I had swelling in it and around my fourth toe. There of course will be some residual nerve damage with most surgeries. Best wishes for your speedy recovery!
~Kimberly
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyKanner For This Useful Post:
coachg37 (12-10-2012)
Closed Thread