It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #76
(female)

exdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB User
Re: PTTD - Surgery on December 17!

Hi, the last two days have been challenging with more pain and discomfort. I believe everything is healing and reconnecting. Just really uncomfortable.
I go back on Jan. 2 to get sutures out and the cast on.
A week from today.

I also have some kind of rash on my shoulders...

I just keep trying to remind myself that things will get better.

Pesher,thanks for the head's up about the time needed for the cast. We are probably going to go down the day before. Pink sounds like a great color choice! Did the sutures hurt much? I will take the pain meds an hour before the appt.

None of the yoga pants (baggy and 2 sizes larger) could fit comfortably over my splint. I've been reduced to wearing nightgowns, a stretch skirt and sweat capris. Looking forward to next week.

We are due to get snow. No idea how I will ever be able to leave the house.
Desiree

Old 12-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #77
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User

Hi exdancer.... The Suture removal was not too bad. The sutures were removed at my hip. And a couple of staples on my foot. There are a lot of incision places on my foot and on my calf. He lengthened my Achilles. Rodney is the cast tech . He's very very good. We left here Connecticut at 8:30 AM. And got home at 6 PM. You're lucky if you can stay overnight as you mentioned. Then head home after. My next appointment isn't for five weeks. I'm not sure what they'll do then. I've had my ups and downs. The pain is under control pretty much. But lying in bed with my foot in the year has gotten to me. The itching has stopped all over. Probably becaue im less on my pain meds. I bet the rash is fromNorco. I have been in a nightgown since I got home. Tomorrow I go to the urologist. It'll be my first time out. I hope my bladder will work when they take the catheter out. It was a strange blip for me. Glad nobody else had that. Have you been able to wash your hair or take a shower. I washed my hair in the laundry sink. Standing on 1 foot and using the knee walker. As I said my moods are up and down. I have not been able to focus on reading. Keep in touch. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.
Phyllis

The Following User Says Thank You to Pesher For This Useful Post:
exdancer2 (12-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #78
(female)

exdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB User

Hi!
I had a few more difficult days and was just feeling blue and weepy. I believe it actually is called Post Op Blues.

We just returned from NY and my two week visit.
I had the splint removed along with staples and some of the stitches.
Decided to be creative and have a funky two-toned cast.

I also received a copy of the surgery report and will try to post tomorrow. There was a lot more done then what we originally thought.
More tomorrow.

The following user gives a hug of support to exdancer2:
Snowrunner (01-02-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #79
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User

So glad to hear from you! We were all wondering. Now you are back. My next appt. w Deland is Jan 23. At that time there will be a CT scan and exray at HSS, and then cast change. Remember I am two weeks ahead of you. My surgery was December 7. I have requested to speak to Christine and Deland a few times and they are very rushed. As you know the waiting room is very busy. Did Rodney take care of you for the cast ? I am sure the cast is much lighter and you're doing much better. This is a very hard time. Now that I am off narcotics and I am alert I am also very bored. Today is the first time I am dressed and having some friends over for lunch. Tomorrow will be four weeks post op for me. Write to me and let me know how you're doing. It gets better every day. Hopefully it's all going to be worth it!!
Phyllis in CT

The Following User Says Thank You to Pesher For This Useful Post:
Animal1968 (01-03-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #80
(female)

Where are you exdancer?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #81
(female)

I'm 3 weeks and one day post surgery. Have been following the doctor's instructions exactly.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #82
(female)

Sorry didn't mean to press post...
Today is the first day that I've been much more up and about in the house. I spent some time in our living room watching clouds float by whilst lying on the couch with my foot elevated.

Am trying to go down to 3 Norco per day from the 4 per day. I am finding this difficult as the last two hours are very uncomfortable/painful. I'm hoping I will eventually be able to stop the meds.

Had friends over Saturday night who brought food and made me smile and giggle. Felt more like my old self.

When we had the splint off we took some photos of all the surgical sights on my foot. I have now dubbed my left foot, "Frankenfoot!"
It's pretty impressive.

I have another 4 weeks until I'm back in NY to have the CT scan and was also told I would get the boot at that time.

In my next post I will finally write down all the procedures I had done.

Happy Healing!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #83
(female)

Hello dancer. As you recall, I am 10 days ahead. I see Deland Jan 23. I am into my fifth week. Now dressed each day, and even out twice for lunch on my knee walker. I had a terrible day last week... Week 4. Depressed, crying, and angry. Better now, but still counting the hours . Surprised Deland never calls to check in now and again . Just " see you in 5 weeks". Have you heard from them? So..... Hang in... Weeks five gets to turn a corner. Just waiting for 6 and 7 to be over! Please write.
Phyllis

Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #84
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User

Glad to hear you felt well enough today to be up and about. Felt good, didn't it? Your visit with friends on Sat was a huge morale boost, I'm sure.

Good to hear you're trying to scale down on pain meds. With all the work you had done, I'm sure you still have high pain levels. I began to feel so much better once I began to scale down the pain meds,,,they just made me feel bad.

I got my cast off today and have a boot. Feels so good to be able to move the foot, even just a little!

Stay well and Happy Healing to you too!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #85
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

It always makes you feel good to get dressed and go out in public. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #86
(female)

labradormoma HB Userlabradormoma HB Userlabradormoma HB User

[QUOTE=Troly59;5104404] I purchased everything online,delivered, scooter,ice machine,wedge pillow,shower chair.

What do you mean by "ice machine"?

Anita

Closed Thread

Tags
achilles lengthening, calcaneal osteotomy, hospital for special surgery, posterior tibial repair