It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Pain 3 weeks post peroneal tendon transfer

Hi there. I am in major pain today after doing well for the past week. Some things:

-trouble sleeping at night. Allowed to sleep without splint. Wakes me up when I accidentally move it. When I tried sleeping in the boot, it really was uncomfortable. Rubs on incision.

-started PWB and have taken some steps without crutches

-was backing up on Thursday and started to fall... Put my foot down hard. It didn't hurt at the moment. But was sore. Babied it and went completely nwb for most of yesterday. It felt great in the evening. Took several steps FWB last night.

-Woke in night having moved it.

-it hurt a ton this morning. At first it was mostly my inner Achilles area and has migrated to where the surgery was. I will call my doc on Monday if thngs haven't gotten better

I've been icing and staying off of it and elevating. I'm scared I hurt something. Again. I just don't remember the pain time-line. It just seems too painful to be normal.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Last edited by Snowrunner; 12-16-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: Pain 3 weeks post peroneal tendon transfer

I can see why you're worried and confused as to why it's hurting so bad. I'm not sure if it's just sore from thr combo of falling plus PWB and FWB or if something happened. Good call to stay off it and ice and elevate and also good call to call your doctor Monday morning if it isn't better! Hang in there! Let us know how you're doing!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood48 For This Useful Post:
Snowrunner (12-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Were you in the boot when you fell? I did that over a week ago and I'm still not back to where I was.
Honestly Patti, it sounds like you are doing an awful lot very early. Seriously. Maybe ease up some AND call the doctor. Also, maybe try sleeping in a soft brace if you have one or at least a heavy sock on that foot. It's not enough to keep you awake, but it kind of reminds your subconscious to be gentle when moving your injured foot around.
Ginger

The following user gives a hug of support to ginger62:
angelee43 (12-16-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
Snowrunner (12-16-2012)
Old 12-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User

Thanks for the support! I was in the boot - I only take it off to do the gas pedal stuff. I actually thought I was going slow compared to what my doc said I could do. I mostly use the knee scooter and only occasionally attempt walking and then mostly with crutches.

I backed way off yesterday and didn't walk on it at all. I also slept in a boot with the cryo cuff (mine is a Breg) inside and ran it all night. I slept deeply - Ambien I guess - for the first time in two weeks.

I'll keep staying off and will ice more and call tomorrow. I am going to look into a different night brace. But the boot was okay with the icing thing in it.

I haven't gotten up yet, so I'll post later about how my foot is today.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Old 12-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Falling in the boot sucks, however, I must say it is a piece of cake compared to falling without the boot. I have done it both ways. The swelling while in the boot went away after a couple of days. It really is very protective. Hopefully you'll feel it go down soon. Be careful and try not to do so much. I know it's hard but it is very important. Big hugs.
Ginger

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
Snowrunner (12-16-2012)
Old 12-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Thanks Ginger! It's really very sore still - two days later. I'm still not sure whether it was falling or doing too much that did it. I am staying completely off of it today... Cleaning bathrooms for my mom's impending visit ( yay!) is a bit crazy NWB... Thank goodness the scooter fits into the bathrooms! I will be pausing and icing again before I tackle the tubs.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Patti, cleaning bathrooms and scrubbing tubs is not staying off your foot. I think your mom will understand.
Ginger

Old 12-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

. I didn't step on it at all. And am done and elevating. Bah. I guess I really don't know how to slow down.

Closed Thread