It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #151
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User
Re: Ankle Surgery

I'm counting the hours.....I'd like surgery as soon as possible but have a feeling that I will get an afternoon surgery. Guess I will take whatever they give me. I'm ready.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #152
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User

Good luck dill! Can't wait till you can join us on the road to recovery. The wait till surgery is awful,,,,we can all sympathize with you. Go out tomorrow, if you can, have a nice lunch, treat yourself to something fun, even if it's just a nice lotion, cute socks, pretty polish, just something girly and fun. You don't hafta spend a lot, you can even find at the store. Go over your list of things you want to have close by,,,,things you might like to eat,,,,,clean sheets,,,,,,before you know it, the day will fly by. Stay strong and I know surgery is gonna go well for you. Looking forward to hearing from you when you're able to post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #153
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

Did any of that ice cream make it? And here's to hoping you get a morning time.

4/5/12 posterior tibial tendon debridement (failed)

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #154
(female)

Not much of the ice cream is left. Maybe half of a half gallon. Should I go get more tomorrow?

I also need to get some new polish so that I can do my toes later. I was thinking about waiting til Thursday morning to change sheets, provided my surgery is not real early. I have at least 1 1/2 hour drive to hospital. I live in the Adirondacks about one hour north of Albany.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #155
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User

Yes to the ice cream! Yes to the polish! Do whatever you can think of to keep busy. Hope the weather is good for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Btrfli1 For This Useful Post:
ddill (01-30-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #156
Veteran
(female)

Star6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohitscourtney View Post
I'm good, I just got over being sick(i lost my voice) but, im doing better now. Yes i am having surgery feb 28th. thats awesome of you to remember

How have you been? Hows the foot feeling?
Damn with being sick and loosing your voice Bummer! Glad you are feeling better now. And welcome lucky guess and it was easy to remember as i see my orthopedic surgeon on the 26th so it probably rung a bell lol So you are welcome will be thinking of you that day.

As for the foot not great still hurting, still totally unstable with every step i take even on flat stable ground, Still cooped up at home not able to get out and about. Just had a technician come to my home and repair my laptop cause its under warranty and having problems so that was nice and i didn't have to pay a cent hehe which was great to see someone else even if it was a technician lol

Otherwise everything still lousy with the ankle and its very easy to get bummed out about it all!
Being cooped up at home not able to get out and about is hard too same for even going to the supermarket is hard due to the ankle and crutches (just bought some crutch pads though to make it easier on the crutches pretty purple tie die graffiti ones lol) though this is normally when my mum can take me as my good foot tires easily when on the crutches!

Will need to get better before i have to be off it after surgery. That's a guess anyway but its so tiring and emotionally draining that i cant have a life and even going out causes me grief with my ankle etc.

Otherwise one good thing i got out to my employment agency today who is helping me to do a business plan for my fashion design course i am doing is that i have finally realised what i want to do in life!

I want to start up my own designer fashion label for bridal and formal gowns and open up shops around Australia and eventually move them out overseas to New Zealand and America and England etc and to own and run and design custom and budget bridal gowns for all ranges of finances, same for formal gowns and also to give people a chance to get into what they love to do as i had no one want to take me on when i finished school and wanted to work in a bridal store etc, so i want to give others that chance too and incentives etc for working for me. Of course you still need professionals too!

But yes thats my big plans for the future that i have worked out from today and my sitting around lol cant wait to get started. So something good came out of this anyway lol Other than getting my ankle fixed would be the next best thing in the short time lol

But yes how are you going? Other than the cold? Hows your foot? Hope its well But yes otherwise things are okay here other than the foot being a real downer lol but yes otherwise all good.

And best of luck to you ddill for your surgery tomorrow i really hope it goes well and will keep an eye out for your posts and as i am sure is the case for all of us we will be here when you need us. Best of luck and best wishes with it all.

Last edited by Star6; 01-29-2013 at 09:04 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Star6:
ddill (01-30-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Star6 For This Useful Post:
ddill (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #157
(female)

Wow Star! You have some great ideas...go girl! I can understand why you are excited and want to get started. Best of luck in your endeavors, you deserve it.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #158
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

I was told to sleep on clean sheets the night before so I would change them tonight. I would get more ice cream today if you have time. My favorite is on sale right now and I'm trying really hard not to buy any.

I'm going to buy yellow toe nail polish and try to have my mom make a smile face with my black...I will see how that turns out

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #159
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star6 View Post
Damn with being sick and loosing your voice Bummer! Glad you are feeling better now. And welcome lucky guess and it was easy to remember as i see my orthopedic surgeon on the 26th so it probably rung a bell lol So you are welcome will be thinking of you that day.

As for the foot not great still hurting, still totally unstable with every step i take even on flat stable ground, Still cooped up at home not able to get out and about. Just had a technician come to my home and repair my laptop cause its under warranty and having problems so that was nice and i didn't have to pay a cent hehe which was great to see someone else even if it was a technician lol

Otherwise everything still lousy with the ankle and its very easy to get bummed out about it all!
Being cooped up at home not able to get out and about is hard too same for even going to the supermarket is hard due to the ankle and crutches (just bought some crutch pads though to make it easier on the crutches pretty purple tie die graffiti ones lol) though this is normally when my mum can take me as my good foot tires easily when on the crutches!

Will need to get better before i have to be off it after surgery. That's a guess anyway but its so tiring and emotionally draining that i cant have a life and even going out causes me grief with my ankle etc.

Otherwise one good thing i got out to my employment agency today who is helping me to do a business plan for my fashion design course i am doing is that i have finally realised what i want to do in life!

I want to start up my own designer fashion label for bridal and formal gowns and open up shops around Australia and eventually move them out overseas to New Zealand and America and England etc and to own and run and design custom and budget bridal gowns for all ranges of finances, same for formal gowns and also to give people a chance to get into what they love to do as i had no one want to take me on when i finished school and wanted to work in a bridal store etc, so i want to give others that chance too and incentives etc for working for me. Of course you still need professionals too!

But yes thats my big plans for the future that i have worked out from today and my sitting around lol cant wait to get started. So something good came out of this anyway lol Other than getting my ankle fixed would be the next best thing in the short time lol

But yes how are you going? Other than the cold? Hows your foot? Hope its well But yes otherwise things are okay here other than the foot being a real downer lol but yes otherwise all good.

And best of luck to you ddill for your surgery tomorrow i really hope it goes well and will keep an eye out for your posts and as i am sure is the case for all of us we will be here when you need us. Best of luck and best wishes with it all.
Awh that's awesome. You have something to look forward too. My foot has its okay days and its really bad days. Today is gonna be a bad day cause I work for 6 hours. Whenever I work it hurts more. I did go to the store yesterday and it wasn't super awful, still is a nagging hurt that Icant wait for it to go away.

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #160
Veteran
(female)

Star6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB UserStar6 HB User

Thanks ddill hope it works out and thanks too ohitiscourtney much appreciated hope i can achieve it. and sorry to hear with your foot too courtney hope it eases off for you later and best of luck for your surgery tomorrow ddill. Goodluck and best wishes for a speedy recovery

The Following User Says Thank You to Star6 For This Useful Post:
ddill (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #161
(female)

Good point to change sheets today. I take one shower tonight so I will be clean getting in. I bought cetaphil soap so I should be totally bacteria free.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #162
Senior Veteran
(female)

I still have to buy some of the smelly soap....I normal send my mom nout for it cause I always "forget" it.

Yeah, they told me clean sheets, clean pjs and they told me to wear a clean sock over my foot...but I lost the sock in my sleep.

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #163
(female)

what soap does your mother get you?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #164
Veteran
(female)

It's funny that we all get different pre-op instructions. My dr didn't tell me any of this stuff,,,I just used my own common sense! I'm a clean freak anyway, so I was very careful to be as germ free as possible going to hospital. I even took hand sanitizer with me! Even though I was as germ free as possible, part of my pre-op prep at the hospital was to wash with three pre-packaged washcloths. They asked that one I stripped down and before I put on surgical gown, use one to wash arms and torso, one to wash surgical leg and foot and one to wash both legs down to knee. It's part of the hospital's protocol to cut down on the chance of infections. The nurse had warmed them in the autoclave, so they were nice and warm.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #165
(female)

I think everyone has different pre-op instructions other than Cinder and myself (same doctor, same hospital). Shower tonight with antibacterial soap, climb into clean pjs and clean sheets. tomorrow am take a second antibacterial shower.

I am putting a few things in a bag to take with me (actually leave in the car and my husband can get later) of my glasses, cell phone and bathrobe. This will be the third surgery for this robe and is very comfortable.

Closed Thread