It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 AM   #181
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User
Re: Ankle Surgery

Good luck, your going to be fine though. Glad you got some sleep. When your feeling up to it, let us know how everything went.

4/5/12 posterior tibial tendon debridement (failed)

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #182
(female)

Grumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB UserGrumpstress HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PesCav View Post
The morning of my sugery, I was very calm and lots of folks posted the same experience. Once you are at the hospital, the pre-op routines will keep you distracted. Try to get some sleep tonight, and let us know how it goes when you are up to it. You will be on your way to a new foot, yea!! Best wishes!!!
Before my surgery I was fine with anything that was going to happen to me but the thought of me not being there after the surgery brought me to instant tears. Who would take care of my husband and my dad? The thought of leaving them alone just terrified me.

Just as I was about to lose my fuzzy little mind in the waiting room a dear friend of mine walked in to the waiting room with a big ol smile on her face and declared that she was there to sit with me before the surgery. She had had multiple surgeries when she was a child and knew how frightening the waiting can be. Can not tell you how much that meant to me. It was HUGE.

After I was called back and was sitting in my gown that seems to have been made specifically to show off a person's full body rather than cover it I started to freak out again but then they put that "I don't care anymore" in my IV and all was good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #183
(female)

Megan2828 HB User

I am 31. I have had terrible flat feet my whole life. Nothing relieved the chronic pain and I had surgery 10 weeks ago. I had a calcaneal osteotomy, Achilles lengthening, FDA transfer and a few other things. Its been a looooong recovery but SO worth it. I had my right foot done first. It was tough not being able to drive...I didn't drive for 53 days. Ugh! But hey, it was worth it. My foot looks and feels great! I am wearing tennis shoes and my ankle is getting stronger each week. The first 6 weeks are rough but keep your eyes on the prize!!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #184
(female)

IrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB UserIrishAD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2828 View Post
I am 31. I have had terrible flat feet my whole life. Nothing relieved the chronic pain and I had surgery 10 weeks ago. I had a calcaneal osteotomy, Achilles lengthening, FDA transfer and a few other things. Its been a looooong recovery but SO worth it. I had my right foot done first. It was tough not being able to drive...I didn't drive for 53 days. Ugh! But hey, it was worth it. My foot looks and feels great! I am wearing tennis shoes and my ankle is getting stronger each week. The first 6 weeks are rough but keep your eyes on the prize!!!!
Glad to hear things are going well for you. Do you work? When did you go back to work?

Closed Thread