It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

casiewebb HB User
ankle pain

I am almost at the end of training for a marathon. I ran 20 miles a few days ago. The inside of my ankle started to bother me at mile 15 and after the run it was really bad. This is the day after and I am struggling. It's really bad when I first start walking after I've been sitting. It seems to get a little better after walking a little, but it is still painful. If I touch the ankle bone on the inside of my foot it is super painful but more so when my foot is flexed. Any advice?

Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
Re: ankle pain

Might want to get that checked out. Maybe a stress fracture or something? Maybe tendon or tissue issues?

Best of luck to you! Hope you find some relief!
~Kimberly
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Re: ankle pain

It sounds like tendonitis or some such. Def to and get it checked out and rest. To keep your cardio up, consider biking for now - unless it causes pain.

I am going to tell you I ignored similar pain and ran a half marathon on it and ended up having two ankle surgeries... Do not ignore it and run on it. Worst case... You keep running and really damage your ankle... Next... You need to rest and don't get to do the marathon but you heal and don't need surgery. Best case... You rest enough that you heal and can still do your marathon.

I wish you luck. Don't ignore your body...

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Closed Thread