It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #136
(male)

swimcycleskate HB User
Re: PTTD Surgery Done - Recovery Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohitscourtney View Post
You got a spinal? How was that? How are you feeling?

Did you stay a day? I always pee too much, I swear the pre op nurses look at me funny cause like everything 15 mins I'm going to pee. Its just cause I'm nervous haha
Did they say why your Debridement failed? I just had one yesterday...good luck on Thursday....

The following user gives a hug of support to swimcycleskate:
Pesher (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #137
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcycleskate View Post
Did they say why your Debridement failed? I just had one yesterday...good luck on Thursday....
My tendon was overworked and too streched out. That's why mine didn't work out. Thanks and good luck with your recovery

4/5/12 posterior tibial tendon debridement (failed)

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #138
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am beginning to weight bear a bit. Should be at 75 pounds now and Friday move to full weight bearing. I am, however, having a lot of trouble with my heel hurting. At first it felt fine, but now it brings me to tears. Anyone out there have this experience. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday. I wish they would of sent me to PT so that I know if I am doing this correctly and how I position my foot. Hopefully, I can start PT on the 6th. I think overall it will make me feel so much better even just to have the encouragement. I had a meltdown last night because I feel I will never walk again but I know it is just a small set back and I have to push my way through it. Thanks everyone.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: cinder
ginger62 (02-27-2013), PesCav (02-28-2013), tenderfoot (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #139
(female)

DeeDeeMc HB User

Hi All, I am in disbelief had my follow up on Monday, stitches & cast removed and have been put into the boot. Tomorrow makes it 4 weeks post surgery. Had my 1st physio session today and have been told to start bearing weight. It was a tough session tears and all as my foot especially my heal is so sore. All skin on my heal is falling off and my wounds are tender been told to massage the area! All just so painful, pain killers have come back out of the cupboard

The following user gives a hug of support to DeeDeeMc:
PesCav (02-28-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #140
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohitscourtney View Post
My tendon was overworked and too streched out. That's why mine didn't work out. Thanks and good luck with your recovery
Good Luck tomorrow. I will be thinking about you. Keep me updated and hope all goes well and that your healing goes well too.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #141
(female)

Hi DeeDeeMc wow looks like you are doing well and in the same boat as me with that heal pain. Wow does it hurt. I never expected the pain to be so bad. Let's keep in touch with our progress. At least we are "normal" with our pain. I was getting so nervous that this was not normal because the pain was so bad. I am hoping to start my PT after my appointment Tuesday. I know it will not be easy, but I guess we are making progress.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #142
(female)

DeeDeeMc HB User

Hi Cinders, My PT told me to massage my feet/wounds as we need to have deep tissue massage. I cannot bear to have mine touched, let alone massaged so I cried when it was done at my PT session. I massaged it myself before going to bed last night WOW is it sore today, I feel bruised. I am sure it will get easier with time

Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #143
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMc View Post
Hi Cinders, My PT told me to massage my feet/wounds as we need to have deep tissue massage. I cannot bear to have mine touched, let alone massaged so I cried when it was done at my PT session. I massaged it myself before going to bed last night WOW is it sore today, I feel bruised. I am sure it will get easier with time

I feel the same way I'm afraid to touch it. Hopefully I can start PT next week and get it moving a bit and they can give me tips too. I'm afraid to weight bear a little today because it feels so sore, but I will give it a try again. I bought new New Balance sneakers for when I go into a sneaker next week (hopefully) and I have it on my right foot today. I thought it was best to get new sneakers since my old ones are worn from the way I used to walk before the surgery (on the side of my foot). I got "wide" thinking it would be easier to get into them for my left foot. The one I have on now doesn't feel too bad.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #144
(female)

DeeDeeMc HB User

I think today has been one of the worst so far, my foot is so sore that I have remained in bed all day other than going down stairs for breakfast & lunch. This partial weight bearing is painful. I have had to increase my meds to what I was taking straight after surgery. Let's hope things improve soon

Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #145
(female)

Quote:
I think today has been one of the worst so far, my foot is so sore that I have remained in bed all day other than going down stairs for breakfast & lunch. This partial weight bearing is painful. I have had to increase my meds to what I was taking straight after surgery. Let's hope things improve soon

Oh my we are feeling the exact same way, except I am just using the knee scooter. Took some Advil and might try weight bearing slightly after noon. I haven't put any pressure on it yet. At least we are feeling exactly the same so it is nothing we did or didn't do. My friend said to me it is probably like starting an exercise program you are so hurting and so sore after the first few times and than it gets better. So let's hope this gets better. I had my melt down on Tuesday night about this and cried uncontrollably thinking I will never be the same again. Feel a little better now, but still have that in the back of mind as I push forward. Good luck today and put a little weight on and rest. I mapped out a plan for today starting at noon and another 30 minutes later weight bear again. I'll see how that goes. Good Luck.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #146
(female)

DeeDeeMc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinder View Post
Oh my we are feeling the exact same way, except I am just using the knee scooter. Took some Advil and might try weight bearing slightly after noon. I haven't put any pressure on it yet. At least we are feeling exactly the same so it is nothing we did or didn't do. My friend said to me it is probably like starting an exercise program you are so hurting and so sore after the first few times and than it gets better. So let's hope this gets better. I had my melt down on Tuesday night about this and cried uncontrollably thinking I will never be the same again. Feel a little better now, but still have that in the back of mind as I push forward. Good luck today and put a little weight on and rest. I mapped out a plan for today starting at noon and another 30 minutes later weight bear again. I'll see how that goes. Good Luck.
Hi Cinders,
It gets easier and very quickly. My PT told me to cover a rolling pin with a towel and roll my foot over the top of it. It get the senses in the bottom of your foot back to normal. I use weight bearing whenever I use my crutches (quick things) the rest of the time I use the knee scooter. Which makes it about 50:50. Pain has lessened within 24 hours. I still finding my exercises hard.
Dee

Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #147
(female)

Quote:
Hi Cinders,
It gets easier and very quickly. My PT told me to cover a rolling pin with a towel and roll my foot over the top of it. It get the senses in the bottom of your foot back to normal. I use weight bearing whenever I use my crutches (quick things) the rest of the time I use the knee scooter. Which makes it about 50:50. Pain has lessened within 24 hours. I still finding my exercises hard.
Dee
thanks I did ok yesterday with the weight bearing and the walker. I tried to walk to my husband in the hallway and that was ok. This morning it is very sore so backing off a bit and taking some Advil. This sure is hard. I hope you are right it gets easy very quickly. I just wish my heal didn't hurt so much. I can try the rolling pin. I'm thinking once I start PT i will have the right information and tools to get me going. On the positive side, my new car is built and is will be delivered the week of March 11th so it a great incentive to get walking again. My old car was totaled when my husband hit the guard rail in a snow storm. So happy he is ok and I didn't need the car for a bit, but now I do. Thanks so much.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #148
(female)

DeeDeeMc HB User

A couple of quick questions
1. At night do you still keep your foot propped up on pillows now you are in the boot? As I am in a lot of pain at night when I take the boot off and my foot either flops to the side or back. I just cannot get comfortable.
2. How much do you elevate your foot during the day & do you keep the boot on when you put your foot up?

I have PT today and I am dreading it, I am really struggling with my simple exercises. I had my regular call with employee health at work today, trying to see what I can do and how quickly I can return to work. To be honest I cannot even think about that now 4.5 post op and whilst in so much pain.

The sun is shinning here in the UK today and I would really like to hang some washing out the frustration is killing me!!! But I will behave myself and not try to deal with the steps into the garden.

Dee

Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #149
(female)

Quote:
A couple of quick questions
1. At night do you still keep your foot propped up on pillows now you are in the boot? As I am in a lot of pain at night when I take the boot off and my foot either flops to the side or back. I just cannot get comfortable.
2. How much do you elevate your foot during the day & do you keep the boot on when you put your foot up?

I have PT today and I am dreading it, I am really struggling with my simple exercises. I had my regular call with employee health at work today, trying to see what I can do and how quickly I can return to work. To be honest I cannot even think about that now 4.5 post op and whilst in so much pain.

The sun is shinning here in the UK today and I would really like to hang some washing out the frustration is killing me!!! But I will behave myself and not try to deal with the steps into the garden.

Hi Dee,

The sun is shining here too today. I'm doing ok. Still find myself in tears from the pain of weight bearing. It feels a little better this morning, but using the walker a bit and a little on my own. I do leave the boot on all day and elevate with the boot. At night after dinner and after my shower, I do not have the boot and I do not weight bear still using the scooter I ice and elevate and that seems to help. I do not use pillows at night and just sleep normally. I find my foot goes to the side a bit too. I return to the doctor tomorrow and they will do x-rays and let me know how it is going. I am hoping to start PT on Wednesday. I think that will be helpful because I am not sure how to maneuver myself these days and if i am doing more harm than good. I cannot think about returning to work either on my feel all day and walking the building and bus port. I am not sure when I will be able to do this. It's frustrating, but hoping to push through to better mobility and a better life.

Dee

Old 03-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #150
(female)

DeeDeeMc HB User

Hi, How did your follow up with the doctor go and PT? I hope you are starting to have fewer low days. I am able to put more weight on my foot now it does not hurt as much just a dull ache. I am eager to progress as I go to Turkey on the 6th April which will make me 9 weeks post surgery.
DeeDee

Closed Thread