It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User
Re: PTTD Surgery Done - Recovery Begins

Cinder,
Glad your hanging in there. I just got the get go last week to walk, it is very hard to relearn it. Well happy healing!

The Following User Says Thank You to erin4 For This Useful Post:
cinder (01-16-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User

Hang in there!!! Enjoy a good book, catch up on movies....do all of those wonderfully indulgent, lazy, relaxing things you never get to do....with no guilt!! Hope things are going well!
Bonnie

The Following User Says Thank You to tenderfoot For This Useful Post:
cinder (01-16-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #18
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

Thanks Erin and Tenderfoot. I appreciate it. I am so worried about learning to walk again and returning to work. I am walking all the time at work. I will take it one step at a time. Does anyone know once you get into a boot, do you weight bear slightly in the boot or is that non weight bearing too. I thought the nurse said after the cast is the boot, but that is still non weight bearing but I wasn't sure. Thanks. I am trying to keep busy. It felt so good to get a haircut yesterday. I was exhausted, however, just from personal care. hahahahaha

Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
(female)

NCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB User

I'll know more on Friday when I get the cast off, but the doctor said at my last visit when I got the cast on that I will go into the boot at my next appointment (6 weeks) but will still be NWB/using crutches at first. He said I'll be able to start PWB working back to FWB. I'm not sure how long it will take to get back to FWB, but he offhandedly said a week or two...seems fast to me, but I'm assuming it really depends on how well I (and my foot) can tolerate it. I'm so ready to ditch these crutches and get back to real life, but I also don't want to push it and hurt myself or all the work I had done. He said I'll also start PT once the cast is off. Will update again on Friday once he tells me more!!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #20
(female)

Yes NCGirl I look forward to hearing about your next stage on Friday. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User

Cinder I am in a boot and been init since last month I was non weight bearing until this month.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #22
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

Cinder, it sounds like you are getting better each day. So, was your ankle real ugly? How was it when they took the staples out? I like the idea that you took a picture of it!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
(female)

NCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB User

My husband took pictures of mine and every so often I make him show them to me. It helps when the incisions burn or I get a weird pain, I look at them to remind me where the incisions actually are. I made fun of him when he took the pictures, but now I'm glad he did! I was surprised how swollen my ankle was, I felt like the swelling had gone down so much, I couldn't believe how swollen and purplish it was!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #24
Veteran
(female)

Erie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB UserErie0385 HB User

I love the idea of taking pictures. I feel weird everytime I get my cast off and take them. I actually took a "before" surgery picture and I have a series of swelling and incision pictures. It's amazing for me how much swelling has gone down and no more bruising in 5 weeks. It's nice to see how far Ive come!
Erin
12/2012 Arthroscopy, impingement removed with Brostrom-Evans procedure

Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #25
(female)

Hi Ddill Just to let you know that I am thinking about you. You will do just fine and remember we are all here wishing you well and waiting to hear from you after your surgery. You are in great hands. I can't believe I am coming up on 5 weeks. I go back next week on the 5th and not sure if I get another cast or a boot. I am getting anxious to see what the next STEP is. Keep in touch.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #26
(female)

Hi Cinder I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. I've only got three more days to wait but these three may seem the longest. One last trip to price chopper and I will be ready to go. My husband has been very thoughtful and has raised my recliner so it is easier to get in/out of, he built a ramp and borrowed a wheelchair to get into the house, then he put in a hand held shower head.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #27
(female)

Yes my husband did the hand held shower head too. It really helps. We can keep each other company. Lots of luck and get a basket and put some granola bars, power bars and water bottles and keep it by that recliner. It helps a bit when you don't want to bother anyone and you are a bit hungry. hahahahaha. Take it slow. It is so rough at first and you don't know how you will do it, but it does get easier. You will do just fine.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #28
(female)

Were you able to talk to dr d prior? after?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #29
(female)

Yes he will talk with you before you go into surgery.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #30
(female)

What about after--before you are released

Closed Thread