It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
Right. I didn't wear mine to bed either
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 01-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Awesome news! I know that same fear and my doc says the same thing... I hope it goes well!

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

The Following User Says Thank You to Snowrunner For This Useful Post:
erin4 (01-11-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User
Re: very excited!!!

Good news I didn't have pain last night Woot Woot !! But I'm still afraid to walk grrr I need to just do it. I need to stop being a chicken ..
Thanks all for your advice!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #19
Veteran
(female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User

Good luck, Erin -- I'm counting on you to tell me how to do it in a couple of months!!

The Following User Says Thank You to PesCav For This Useful Post:
erin4 (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
(female)

I will keep me posted when your ready PesCav

Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #21
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User

Your dr says it's ok Erin, so you have to start walking. Think of it as your first steps to recovery. It's gonna be alright, just take it easy, and listen to your body. You can do this!! Let me know how you feel afterwards!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Btrfli1 For This Useful Post:
erin4 (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #22
(female)

I am walking today a little. I'm getting there. My foot likes to stay outwards which should be inward. Its not hurting just a little pulling on my calf muscle which its good.

Last edited by erin4; 01-11-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User

Erin, your dr says it's ok to walk,,,,PWB. Think of walking as taking your first steps towards recovery. You'll be fine! It IS scary, I know. we're all afraid of damaging our new feet/ankles, but, as long as you follow your dr's instructions to a T, you'll be fine. the problem is, once we start walking PWB, we tend to get a little overconfident and inclination is to try to more than we've been clear to do. It's important that you only do what your dr approves. Take it easy, take your time, but you'll be fine. Let me know how it goes!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Btrfli1 For This Useful Post:
erin4 (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Been busy with a sick mom so I've missed all the fun with the walking starting! I know exactly how you feel, Erin. I was so excited at first and then after a couple of days when it hurt I just did not want to do it any more. Take a day off here and there if you feel you need to, but once you get going you'll be surprised at how well you do. Keep at it! You'll get there! I also slept with my figure 8 brace on for a while, then a sock. It's just a subconscious reminder to be gentle with it.
Ginger

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
erin4 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #25
(female)

I'm very excited to get going I'm going to walk a lot today.

Closed Thread