It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

Brandie4499 HB User
Flat foot surgery soon

How do I know I have the right doctor?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
(female)

Brandie4499 HB User
Re: Flat foot surgery soon

Thank you. I feel ok about the doctor now. But not ok about asking for pain. I guess since I have pain already, at least this pain will be worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
(female)

FancyFeet513 HB User

I'm new to the board and had Flat Foot surgery on October 17, 2013. The procedures were Right Gastroc Recession, Evans Calcaneal Osteotomy and Cotton Cuneiform Ostectomy. I'm trying to find others with the same procedures recently since this type of arch construction has evolved in the past few years. I'd be interested in knowing how you are doing since your procedure.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

First of all, what is his training? Get his CV from the office and research the schools he attended and how they rank for his course of study (easily found with a search). Where did he do his residency? How is it ranked for orthopedics.

Is he Foot and Ankle Board certified? That's extra training and testing beyond medical school and his residency. If he didn't bother to do this, why didn't he?

How many of your procedure has he done? Would your PCP recommend him to his mother???? How did you find him? Does he do any work on athletes?

Lots of questions to research.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
(female)

loriz473 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeet513 View Post
I'm new to the board and had Flat Foot surgery on October 17, 2013. The procedures were Right Gastroc Recession, Evans Calcaneal Osteotomy and Cotton Cuneiform Ostectomy. I'm trying to find others with the same procedures recently since this type of arch construction has evolved in the past few years. I'd be interested in knowing how you are doing since your procedure.
How is your recovery going

Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
(female)

loriz473 HB User

Im having pttd surgery February 5 dont know what they are gonna do yet.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-23-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #7
(female)

Legs11 HB User

Just had PTTD surgery on January 10. I went to a surgeon who was recommended to me and had a list of certificates. However, I discovered during the surgery he allowed an assistant to do some of the surgery. I have been in a lot of pain but it is only 10 days since the op. I would really advise that you ask your doc exactly what he is going to do.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #8
(female)

Sisterwayne HB UserSisterwayne HB User

Hi - I see you are from Philadelphia. So am I. If you had surgery in any of the large teaching hospitals it is very common for the surgeons to allow Residents and Fellows to do some/all of the surgery with the surgeon present to guide them. I have recently been through major foot surgery and I know the fellow did most of the work. When I go for my follow up I see the surgeon and the fellow. But if you are uncomfortable about it you should speak up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sisterwayne For This Useful Post:
Legs11 (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #9
(female)

loriz473 HB User

I will my preop appt. Is jan 31 I will ask then he did say I have posterior tibial tendon dysfunction and I think that is the surgery he is doing but there is like 5 procedures for that.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #10
(female)

loriz473 HB User

How long you out of work

Old 01-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #11
(female)

Legs11 HB User

I have been off work since November 20. Wore a boot for a month then a bit of pt and Grastons. Wasn't responding too well. So doc decided surgery. Had op on January 10.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-23-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #12
(female)

Chairlady HB UserChairlady HB User

leggs11- how r u doin? did you get to the dr this week? what did he have to say? getting out in this weather? i got to the dr and he was happy with my progress.. using a walker now.. slowly..cuz my ankle is swollen.. after walking and being on foot..alot.. gotta ice it... cant go out cuz of weather.. aint risking the ice on the ground.. gotta a green light to drive cuz its my left foot.. and to even go swimming. but i aint gonna do that till the ice melts and disappears.. guess that will be in may!! tomorrow the fun begins. starting pt!! ouch.. hope your day is even better then today and keep on smilin!! chasirlady

Reply Reply