It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #31
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
You are so smart Ohitscourtney to try things out now. Really try it one footed... It helps! My second surgery was easier because I'd done it before...

And Minh... I'm so sorry you aren't getting better.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User
Re: In the waiting room

Well the shower chair worked okay..I'm going to try it one more time though. Not 100% sure if I like it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #33
Veteran
(female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User

Three days down, pain is significantly lower, mainly aches and pains that I would expect at this point in recovery. Thank heavens. I am swapping oxy and tylenol every 4 hours, or 6 each every 24 hours.

Every now and then, I do get significant neurological pain, which is pretty terrible but it doesn't last long.

I have relocated to a different room in the house for a change in scenery! I am starting to understand why people count down to the day their casts come off. :-)

Old 01-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

I'm glad the pain is getting better when does your cast come off?

Old 01-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #35
Veteran
(female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User

Surgical cast will be replaced with a walking boot one week from Thursday. Walking boots aren't well-liked here on the foot board but I have no personal referenced yet. You?

Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #36
(female)

Minnh HB User

Sounds like you are really doing well! Was it PTT surgery that you had? I'm surprised you are getting into a walking boot so quickly! And what great news that the pain is so much improved.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

I hate the walking boot almost as much as I hate the ravens..so that's saying a lot. But I have to wear it once my splint comes off...so I just suck it up.

If I'm still not weight bearing when I go into the boot, I use my wheelchair. I should look into a knee scooter too but I don't know if my dad will get me both

Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #38
Veteran
(female)

Hi minnh, I added a signature with my surgery details, let's see if it works... I need a spreadsheet to keep track of evryones surgeries and dates!!

Last edited by PesCav; 01-21-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

PesCav, I went right into the boot too. Never having had a cast I don't think you'll hate it as much as everyone else does. It's probably adjustable on both sides and you can take it off to shower. That is absolutely the best part. Sleeping is a little awkward but I got used to it. Wait til you see you scars when they take the splint off! Take pictures if you can. Mine are almost invisible by now...I used vitamin E oil after every shower. Can't do that with a cast!
Ginger

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
ohitscourtney (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

You can see my scar..it stands out did you have to sleep with the boot on? I was able to take it off when I slept

Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

I slept in it for 6 weeks. It sucked at first. It's just so important to keep everything immobilized.
Why do you hate the Ravens? Did you want the Patriots in it AGAIN? I think the Harbaugh Bowl will be so fun!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't want the ravens in anything. I've never been a fan of them. I think Suggs and Lewis are the biggest jerks. Sugg annoys me more though cause he has a record of beating his girlfriend. Though Lewis got lucky and pleaed down his murder charge...I read those court docs and he knows too much for someone who claims not to be involed. I just think the ravens need to choose better people for there team. I wouldn't want my brother looking up to ethier of those guys.

I like the patriots and the steelers but the steelers needed the break of not being in the superbowl. I know a lot of people want there teams in. I wanted my team to not make it so they could get healthy.

So I guess this year I have to root for the niners but my little brother wants a puppy bowl party. So we will do that

How did you not get a scar? And yeah my doctor said I could sleep without it. I wonder if it will be different for my upcoming surgery.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

Agree on the Ravens have a couple of really bad eggs. Lewis must have known. I lived in Dallas before I moved back to NC. The same weekend they lost to Carolina in the playoffs in '96. Dallas ain't goin' nowhere soon.
I had Frankenstein scars. They were big and ugly. I just really tried to take care of them every day. I see you're in MD? I went to Mercy.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #44
Senior Veteran
(female)

I think he knew and was a part of it. But that's something he has to live with..and I think all the times he brings up god just makes me think he's doing it for show but that's just me. I mean I've met ray rice and he's a sweet guy. He's funny and wasn't a jerk. So they have some good ones too. I just think the bad outweighs the good for now.

I am in md but I don't go to mercy. I am at union memorial.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #45
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, if you get a boot pretty quickly after surgery and can remove it to shower, I really think it helps a lot to keep the scars "oiled up". Massage them a little too when you can. your foot will be less sensitive too if you're in a boot. Boot sucks, but there are some advantages.
Go Niners! talk your dad into a scooter if you're gonna be down for a while. So much easier, but you're pretty young, right? So crutches might not be too bad. They are kind of hard for the older folks.
Ginger

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
PesCav (01-22-2013)
Closed Thread