It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

jacmil HB User
Foot - Nerve problem?

Hi there,

Hoping someone can offer some advice!

About a month ago, I noticed a numb spot on my right foot - right on the joint of my big toe. I also noticed that if I press on certain parts of my foot (top close to ankle) or run my finger along it, the nerves tingle all the way up to this area.

I've seen a couple of doctors who don't really have many answers - maybe too tight shoes, maybe tarsal tunnel, maybe an injury?

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have any pain.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User
Re: Foot - Nerve problem?

I have similar issues following surgery. Yesterday I talked to my Dr about this. He says to desensitize the area alternate hot & cold packs, massage the area....hope it helps....I'LL be trying it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
(female)

exdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB User

I've had something similar since I was 17 and wore shoes that rubbed against my joint and hit a nerve. It's always been a sore spot that is numb unless something rubs against it and then I'd feel a jolt.
When the OS was trying to determine and diagnose what my foot issues were,(PTTD+) I was sent for a fairly extensive nerve test with well known Neurologist is Boston. Electrodes were applied to each nerve in my leg/foot and I had a jolt of electricity applied to see if there was nerve damage. I'm not good with electric shocks and thoroughly did not like this test but it was helpful in letting us know this was not my issue. Your OS may eventually suggest you have the same test.
Good luck!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
(female)

jacmil HB User

Thank you to you both. Tenderfoot - have the cold and hot packs helped you?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User

To be honest I haven't been icing much. I will soak in a hot tub & then cold water & massage the areas that are burning. Some nights it is better than others. I was rereading your post & wonder if you aren't rubbing or moving a nerve & that is the tingling you feel. Did you ever drop something on it or stub your toe? If you are like me you maybe don't remember hurting it. I seem to find bruises, I don't even know what happened.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
(female)

jacmil HB User

You're right - I don't remember hurting it at all. I don't have any pain or burning. I just feel the "zinging" when I press or brush on a certain area of my foot (top, close to ankle). Feels like the nerves go crazy. When I soak it in hot water, the nerves go a little crazier for a bit before settling down. Does this sound different than your problem?

Closed Thread