It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
(female)

lauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB User
What kind of shoes after surgery?

I was wondering what kind of shoes everyone wears after foot/ankle reconstruction surgery once you are weight bearing again? I have worn very rigid orthotics in my New Balance athletic shoes for the past 2 yrs. I have to wear scrubs to work, so I've always worn the NB athletic shoes every day. They aren't the best for me, but I hate trying shoe after shoe on, not knowing which ones are going to work.

Suggestions would be very welcome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
(female)

angelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB User
Re: What kind of shoes after surgery?

I'm afraid I will most likely not be any help as I have been wearing NB athletic shoes - first with an ankle brace and now without. I am sure that there will some great suggestions from others.....and it also depends on how much you are willing to pay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

I love Propet shoes - they are stylish orthopedic shoes that are available at higher end stores, online, and many other retailers. Many nurses wear them, and I have found they work great with my ankle which I have had surgery on.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
(female)

exdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB User

One of the OS I went to swore by Brooks shoes. I purchased two different pairs for walking that offered quite a bit of support and fit higher on the foot.
Left PTT Repair, FDL Tendon Transfer, Calcaneal Osteotomy, 1st Metatarsal Fusion, Spring Lig. Rep., Mod. McBride, Akin Osteotomy, Iliac Crest, Achilles Lengthening, Bone Marrow Asp., FHL/FDL Tenodesis

Closed Thread