It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

Animal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB UserAnimal1968 HB User
Crutches... knee pain in good leg?

Hi everyone,
The board seems very positive with everyone recovery seeming to being very well, this includes me, just a little niggle.
The leg that was not operated on, when I am using the crutches I am starting to get a pain in the knee on the inside?
Anyone else had this, will it go away once crutches go away, is there anything I can do to ease it?
Any ideas?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
Re: Crutches...knee pain in good leg?

It's probably just sore from being stressed in a different fashion. Maybe mention it to the doc, but I'll bet it will go away once you are done with the crutches. Ice will probably help.

Last edited by ginger62; 02-04-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Crutches...knee pain in good leg?

Hi are you keeping a good shoe on that foot? Make sure you pivot and not twist on that foot too. Could try a brace on it from the store. Cathy

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
Troly59 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
(male)

0uch HB User
Re: Crutches... knee pain in good leg?

Hey, I have the same issue. Well, it isn't EVERYtime I crutch around but it does seem to last for a while when it does happen. I truly assume it's just because I hop around on that leg a lot and it is taking all my weight. Plus I stand on it in the shower, etc. Unfortunately, I am still in crutches so I can't tell you if it goes away but I can tell you you're not alone.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User

Maybe you are overusing it....take it easy on yourself!!! I am having lots of knee pain in the bad leg..pt says it is because of the muscle loss, so I have been doing lots of strengthening work....you should try some stretches & knee exercises on that leg...they actually feel good. My knee hurts more at rest & trying to pwb.
Hope it feels better!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
(female)

NCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB User

Not exactly the same thing - but I was having pain in my arch in my good foot while using the crutches - which completely terrified me that I was starting to have PTTD issues in my "good" foot. I found if I wore a sneaker on it instead of my Skechers I love, the pain was better. Also, now that I'm walking on both feet again, the pain is completely gone, so I'm keeping fingers crossed it was just the stress of being NWB.

Closed Thread