It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

joyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB User
Surgery at Mercy Hospital on 3/14

Well, it's a little more than a month until my second surgery on my ankle. I had surgery last year on 2/22/12 for a brostrum repair as well as a couple other things and debribement of the ankle. I have been struggling with pain for the past year - and have tried pretty much everything - without much success. This is a workers comp claim - I was delivering pizza to a house that didn't have any porch lights and I fell off the steps....thus tearing the ligaments, etc.

I was sent to Mercy to see Dr. Jeng about a month ago. We did another MRI (had one in June - but it wasn't very "readable" so Dr. Jeng ordered another one. He said I still have a lot of swelling/fluid/inflammation around the area. He thinks the first surgery was a success but he doesn't think he "fixed" everything. He thinks there may be some more tendons, etc that need to be fixed.

I am pretty much in constant pain now - just a matter of how "tolerable" it is on each day, etc. I was stretching the other day - and it felt like everything in my ankle was ripping/tearing all over again.......so now it REALLY hurts!!!

I was told last week that I would be non weight bearing for a month and cannot drive for ten weeks. TEN weeks!!! I am single and live alone, but thankfully am staying with some friends - probably for most of it!

I am so sick of this constant pain and ache - I will be glad to get it fixed and to somehow get my life back again! I am nervous about the surgery as he said he is making a longer cut, etc.....but at least the pain after the surgery will be a healing pain and not this constant ache/throbbing/etc.

Since it is a workers comp claim - the surgery has to be approved before I can have the surgery. So, hoping workers comp doesn't sit on this but approves it quickly!!

Just wanted to touch base and give an update. It's been over a year since I fell, had my first surgery on 2/22/12 and am going to have another surgery on 3/14/13......who knew that falling off a porch would cause this whole escapade......I am relieved that they are going to do something about it finally!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: joyful123
angelee43 (02-10-2013), ginger62 (02-10-2013), ohitscourtney (02-10-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User
Re: Surgery at Mercy Hospital on 3/14

:-( so sorry you are still in pain!! We all hope that things go well....no one wants to be in pain after going through all of this. We expect to be cured....it just does not happen fast enough!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

joyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB Userjoyful123 HB User
Re: Surgery at Mercy Hospital on 3/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot View Post
:-( so sorry you are still in pain!! We all hope that things go well....no one wants to be in pain after going through all of this. We expect to be cured....it just does not happen fast enough!
Yes, you are correct - thanks for the encouragement! How are you doing?

Closed Thread