It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

wilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB User
2 weeks to go & I'm sick!

That says it all, 2 weeks pre-op & I'm sick! Yikes. I finally returned the 3(!) messages from the GP that I missed last week & find out the labwork shows I have some infection. Not a huge shock, since I was 2 weeks post-flu onset & still had a hacking cough when I saw him. I was pretty run down over the weekend - I chalked it up to a 60 hour week & cross country travel. Then I get a sore throat & runny nose. I was hoping it was indoor allergies (the cats sound bad this week too) Today, I pretty much have a head cold. Ugh.

I picked up antibiotics last night, if I don't feel better by Thursday, I'm going to see if they have anything else. I have to have some of the labwork redone early next week after I'm through with the antibiotics.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User
Re: 2 weeks to go & I'm sick!

You have 2 weeks so you'll be OK. All the traveling exposed you to everything out there probably. Rest, rest rest!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User

Oh man Wilki,,,,,your MAIN JOB, for the next week is to do nothing but take care of yourself!! That's an ORDER!! Yes, I can get bossy!! You need to stay away from everyone, eat well, drink plenty of liquids, take your meds, rest, rest. You're prob trying to do too much, trying to get everything done before surgery, but right now, you need to concentrate on getting well and getting strong before your surgery. MAPlease keep us posted on how you're feeling.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
(female)

lauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB User

I feel for you. But, at least it isn't coming on a few days before surgery, right? I agree with Btrfli...take good care of yourself these 2 wks. Stress can bring on the sickness too, so slow down and try to focus on getting well for your surgery.

My biggest worry while I waited for my surgery date to arrive was that I'd get sick. I had just had 2 back to back rounds of an upper respitory infection and I finally had it kicked, so I was paranoid if anyone coughed, sneezed or sniffled near me. lol I even had a supplement called DMS on hand just in case I felt the least little sniffle starting and I was going to start it to try to fight off sickness. Fortunately, I was good to go and had the surgery 6 days ago.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery so that you will be ready for surgery in 2 wks.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

wilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB User

You mean my main job isn't picking up the slack for my geriatric boss?

I feel a bit better today, it was easier getting up this morning, but I'm still stuffed up pretty well. IME, when antibiotics work, they work pretty darn quick, and right now I'm not feeling that. Still taking them, but I think I'm going to call the PCP today and see if something else, maybe Tamiflu, would work better.

If I come across the slug I gave a ride to a month ago Friday who got me sick then, I'm going to beat her! Really, if you're going to "tough it out" do it in your own car and don't hack up a lung with 2 innocent bystanders trapped in the car with you.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Still not 100% but better; at least the dayquil is working better/longer now. I've got a couple more days of antibiotics to go. It feels like the 25th is the day after tomorrow.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinak View Post
Still not 100% but better; at least the dayquil is working better/longer now. I've got a couple more days of antibiotics to go. It feels like the 25th is the day after tomorrow.
Feel better I took off next week at work and then the 4 days before surgery..so i hope now that I will mostly be home, Iwont get sick. You still have time, I'm sure you will be feeling much better before surgery

4/5/12 posterior tibial tendon debridement (failed)

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Closed Thread