It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #31
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User
Re: 4 Weeks Post Op - in boot and can start PWB - little scary

Nc.... Goog luck. Let us all know about shoes. Sneakers are so ugly w a nice outfit. Can't help but wonder if a lovely little ballet shoe will ever be in the future?

Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #32
(female)

NCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB UserNCgirl96 HB User

Pesher, I know, I loathe sneakers, I have always only worn them to work out, now I think they're going to be all I'm wearing for the foreseeable future. I never asked the question before surgery whether I'd be able to wear flip flops, heels, ballet flats again because honestly the answer may have made me talk myself out of surgery and that really wasn't an option. I have an event at work in two weeks that is cocktail attire, and I know there will be no squeezing this foot into anything other than a sneaker...I had hoped I may be able to get into a ballet flat at least, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. I told my husband I don't want to go because I refuse to wear sneakers with a cocktail dress...he thinks I'm crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #33
(female)

Pesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB UserPesher HB User

NC, I feel your pain - I think the flip flops 2 summers ago actually increased my problem - my arch totally collapsed then, and the tendon tore. The Dr. said I will not ever wear flip flops, but there are some out there w/ arches. Right now, don't think about squeezing your foot into anything but what is acceptable - boot?, sneaker?
Do go to the party, sneaker and all.
Question now? my surgical foot is beginnning to stick out of the boot in the front, where the toes are, and I am wondering if the lack of swelling is causing my foot to grow "bigger/longer?" this is very surprising to me.

Take care - write soon - let us all know.
P

Closed Thread