It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #46
(female)

punkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB Userpunkin77 HB User
Re: Foot Surgery v. Stairs

Wow, Cinder, sewing all those quilts was really productive. I think our mental state is heavily influenced by our disabilities, but I am really trying to look at "abilities" instead. Otherwise it is distressing, and I am not going to give in to that. We lost our roof in Superstorm Sandy, so I spoke to the roofer and insurance adjuster again today about some new fee charges, and tomorrow I am going to continue my search for a good chimney person who can fix that too (same reason). Amazing what you can do without going outside.

It is a long time to be altering our routine but as I said, count victories, enjoy the things we can. Pretend there is not a huge throbbing dead weight on the end of my leg!

Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #47
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin77 View Post
Wow, Cinder, sewing all those quilts was really productive. I think our mental state is heavily influenced by our disabilities, but I am really trying to look at "abilities" instead. Otherwise it is distressing, and I am not going to give in to that. We lost our roof in Superstorm Sandy, so I spoke to the roofer and insurance adjuster again today about some new fee charges, and tomorrow I am going to continue my search for a good chimney person who can fix that too (same reason). Amazing what you can do without going outside.

It is a long time to be altering our routine but as I said, count victories, enjoy the things we can. Pretend there is not a huge throbbing dead weight on the end of my leg!

So sorry about your house. Superstorm Sandy was so horrible and my heart goes out to everyone who had suffered this terrible storm. We were lucky and didn't get hardly anything here. We have relatives in Staten Island did our best to help them as much as we could. Yes I have been doing a lot more online shopping and things from the house that I never did before. It fascinates me how I just hit "send" and the items come to my doorstep some days later. I never did that - I like to shop with my daughter all the time. I actually am saving my husband some money so he likes that I am home because I don't "impulse" buy. Keep in touch and we can compare our progress. At least with this board you never feel alone and get some many wonderful tips and suggestions and comfort. The comfort is so wonderful and helps with the healing.

The following user gives a hug of support to cinder:
Pesher (02-27-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #48
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

ddill where are you? How are you doing with you recovery? Has your husband let you use the stairs more now?

4/5/12 posterior tibial tendon debridement (failed)

2/28/13 FDL transfer

Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #49
Inactive
(female)

wilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB Userwilkinak HB User

My suggestion for stairs - since I'm NWB, I'm doing the bench tip up on my but thing. I put stool from the tub at the top of the steps. Getting from the stool to the floor is easier than dropping directly to the ground. It's also easier to pull myself up on the top step and sit on the stool then get up from there.

My battle has been that when the stool is close enough to the edge that I can reach it, Mom spazzes out. When it's further from the edge so she's happy (not my top priority, hehe) it's harder to reach & ironically more lkely that I'll fall.

The Following User Says Thank You to wilkinak For This Useful Post:
cinder (02-28-2013)
Closed Thread

Tags
1/31 surgery a2ptt reconstruction, achilles lengthening and allograft, tendon transfer