It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: One Month Post Op-GREAT NEWS!

Oh I'm SOOOOO happy and excited for you!! Bless your heart you've been through so much! So glad your doctor realizes all you've been through and is protecting you by continuing to follow protocol! That's awesome that its already 100% fused! Is that quicker than he thought? What's the normal time for fusion?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood48 For This Useful Post:
angelee43 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #17
(female)

angelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB User

Oh Kimberly!! Sooooo happy for you right now!! Absolutely awesome news!! Hope the healing keeps progressing successfully - yayy!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
(female)

Troly59 HB UserTroly59 HB User

Great news, let's hear it for bone grafting putty and red blood cells!!! Good to know of that procedure and fast healing results. Wishing you safe PT and a great turnout this time!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #19
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User

Happy to hear you are healing well!! I have a question....when the ankle is fused do you lose rom? I know one Dr said that is what he usually does but he referred me on to another surgeon to avoid fusing it. I have never understood exactly what happens when they fuse the ankle. Dr said he would fuse my big toe after stealing the tendon for my ankle. I expected to not have much movement in it, but am really surprised it feels pretty normal.

Hope your recovery continues to go well!!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
I missed this! What fabulous news!!! How cool that it fused to fast. I guess it's good he's being so cautious but I wish you were out of the cast already.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Closed Thread

Tags
arthrodesis, fusion, subtalar fusion