It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User
happy Valentines day!!!

HMMPH.....wasted an hour typing apost on the pity party thread only to find it was closed.
PESHER, I've been feeling the blues also....tearing up like a new mom. I had a very busy morning.....not used to that! While at PT I received a singing Valentine from 2 friends....it made me cry. I am an emotional blob!!! I came home to bake cookies for the hubby & boys..while baking cookies I put down the crutches and walked across the kithen.....I WALKED ACROSS THE KITCHEN several times!!!!! It was kind of aForrest Gump moment....you know when he breaks out of the leg braces....only no running for me!!! I WAS WALKING and bawling like a baby!!! I can't even explain why....just so overcome with emotion..... my PTsaid she thought it will be weeks before I would be walking. Not sure if it was just a fluke cuz I have been icing &elevating since and couldn't walk to answer the phone. But I am hopeful!!
It was a Valentines miracle!!! Haha... Happy Valentines Day!!!!!
Bonnie

The following user gives a hug of support to tenderfoot:
exdancer2 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
Re: happy Valentines day!!!

Great job Bonnie! That's exactly how it is...in a matter of days it can just "get better". What a great Valentine's gift for you.
Ginger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
(female)

suziequz HB User

Tenderfoot,

Sorry, it was my fault the thread was closed. I apologize I am new and didn't read the thread rules.
Congratulations on walking!!!! That is so great! Isn't it great to see the light at the end of the tunnel every once and a while.

Like you I often have to fight the emotions. Sometimes I just start crying. This is one emotional journey we are all going through!

Take Care!
Sue

Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
(female)

lauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB User

Hmmph indeed Bonnie! I did the same thing. I really liked your thread you had going. I was feeling all the love and it was making me feel better and then it gets locked. Oh well, I'm glad to see you started another.
I'm so happy for you that you walked! Baby's first steps..lol. I think that it's awesome that it happened while you were having a crying jag. Your emotions must have been a rollercoaster.

My emotions are a rollercoaster this past week. It's now a week post op for me. I have been very emotional. Crying at commercials, crying as I sit on my shower bench trying to have a half-a**ed shower with my l.eg propped on the toilet seat because my husband left for a minute to get something without telling me and it scared me to be alone, crying cuz I fell off my scooter...I keep telling my husband that I don't know who is living in my body but it can't be me. Sheesh.

I hope I will feel better when I get my cast on...maybe I will feel more protected. I have my first post op visit next Monday 2/18 to get my cast. Fingers crossed that I didn't do any damage to my healing ankle when I took the spill from my scooter.

Oh, and Susie, don't worry about the other thread getting closed. LOL We are all over the place on this Foot Problems forum. I knew Bonnie would get another thread going. :=)

Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
(female)

exdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB Userexdancer2 HB User

I am so happy to hear that you walked today!
My emotions are all over the place too. I'm reminded of how I felt after the birth of my children when I was really hormonal. Same thing.

Great news today - I had my first PT session. It didn't hurt. I was so anxious before. I was told that much of the reason I'm having difficulty moving is from the swelling. The PT manipulated my foot and I really didn't have any pain. I was also told that my hip pain wasn't only due to the bone graft but also how I've been holding my leg while in a boot/cast/splint. I was told to keep my foot straight out and to rest it and see how my hip feels tonight.
I also purchased a foot/ankle therapy wrap that is fantastic. I just put it in the freezer and then it fits around my foot. So much easier then the frozen peas I've been using.....
Celebrating all our small steps forward...now if I could just sleep at night without pain.
Left PTT Repair, FDL Tendon Transfer, Calcaneal Osteotomy, 1st Metatarsal Fusion, Spring Lig. Rep., Mod. McBride, Akin Osteotomy, Iliac Crest, Achilles Lengthening, Bone Marrow Asp., FHL/FDL Tenodesis

Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 AM   #6
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

It was ok to start a new thread---the pity party was getting lengthy.

I too have been in tears at times......is it just us women with this problem? Is it really hormones? I'm 62..

Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
(female)

lauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB Userlauralei51 HB User

It probably is just us women that have the rollercoaster emotions. lol I'm 51, but I know a lot of these women are much younger. So I would deduce that it IS hormones, and age doesn't matter.

Closed Thread