It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

Leasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB User
Has anyone done botox for plantar fasciitis?

I have had plantar fasciitis continually for 19 years with no relief and have had many cortisone injections. I have to have them to do my job, I can't walk without them. I have been reading about doing botox for plantar fasciitis and that it is better and last longer than the cortisone injections.
I am wondering if you have to go to a plastic surgeon? How long is the recovery time for doing this? Does your insurance cover this if it is medically necessary?

If anyone can give any advice, it would be appreciated !!!

Thanks.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Has anyone done botox for plantar fasciitis?

There is NO need to have surgery for plantar faciitis and I speak from experience, so please do not even consider letting anyone cut that area. the plantar facia is a very, very important part of the foot because it controls your walk in many ways. When one has the problem you do, it is from the plantar facia being too tight. If you do some stretching exercises, you will get rid of your problem to a GREAT extent. I had it so badly that I could hardly walk. Started the stretching and saw relief. You do not need a boot or any inserts in your shoes because in the long run, those things make the foot or feet weaker.. I know of someone who had this and I told him about the stretches and he told his wife and now, neither of them have the plantar facia problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
(female)

Leasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB UserLeasy617 HB User
Re: Has anyone done botox for plantar fasciitis?

I have been stretching for 19 years. I think mine is so tight it will not loosen up. I can not wear orthotics at all. I have tried so many brands and have had several different kinds made for me. I can't take anti-inflammatory meds because I had gastric bypass. I just got a new job and it requires me to stand the entire shift and we only get a 30 minute lunch break, so I am on my feet 7 1/2 hours a shift. I HAD to get injections in both feet so I could do my job. That is when I started researching about the botox and I saw they are saying it is better and last longer then the injections. I don't want my feet cut on at all. I also have tarsal tunnel in the left foot. It's just a mess.

Closed Thread