It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

Newleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB User
Light at the end of the tunnel!

Ladies and Gents I am here to tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel! After more than 16 years of an unstable ankle and another 10 months trying to get it accurately diagnosed, and going through surgery then 6 weeks NWB finally at 4 months post-op from lateral ankle reconstruction I was released from Physical Therapy today! I still have some limitations that I will be doing home therapy to overcome in the next several months, I have met or exceeded all of the goals the surgeon and PT set up for me.

Just wanted to share the good news with everyone to encourage you to hang in there and not to give up no matter how hard the road seems. There is hope! Wishing everyone the best in your recovery.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
(female)

mnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB User
Re: Light at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats on your success! So happy for you and hope you continue to improve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
(female)

Newleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB UserNewleftside HB User

Thank you Mnags, I appreciate the kind words and your support. Take care and while I know you are earlier on in the process, look how far you have come already. Before you know it, you too will be posting about your successes. Have a great weekend and keep us posted. I may have been kicked out of PT today (jk), but I will stick around and offer the support that you and others here have offered me.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #4
(female)

RuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB UserRuthS HB User

This site is the one place we can come to where we can truly understand each others trials and challenges. To keep hearing good news from familiar 'names' is amazing!
You've truly been through a struggle and I'm so glad it's worked out! I really understand as my injury happened 14 years ago, so to be walking pain free...finally is incredible!
Keep progressing and stay healthy! Celebrate by going for a walk!

The Following User Says Thank You to RuthS For This Useful Post:
Newleftside (07-19-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
(female)

Thank you RuthS! It is good to see one another's progress and successes on the boards and the support and encouragement that everyone offers to each other. It has been a long road and I know others are still in the midst of their own long road and some struggling to make it through for everyone here and myself I will take another walk this evening and keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers as I do! :-)

The following user gives a hug of support to Newleftside:
mnags (07-19-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Newleftside For This Useful Post:
RuthS (07-19-2013)
Closed Thread