It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
(male)

kk11214 HB User
Baby toe hammertoe surgery stitches or bandages?

Just wondering to those of you who had baby toe hammertoe surgery did you get stitches or bandages? I have heard most people get bandages but my dr told me he is going to give me stitches that will come out after 2 weeks. He told me that with the stitches it will heal faster??

Old 09-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB UserPesCav HB User
Re: Baby toe hammertoe surgery stitches or bandages?

Seems like some kind of stitches would surely be required because they make pretty long incisions in order to get to the bones. When is your surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
(female)

mnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB Usermnags HB User

I had stitches and a pin sticking out, but I had all my toes done and major reconstruction.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
(male)

kk11214 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PesCav View Post
Seems like some kind of stitches would surely be required because they make pretty long incisions in order to get to the bones. When is your surgery?
I havent schedule it yet. IDK if I will. The DR told me I have a slight Hammertoe so I wouldnt need a pin sticking out. He said right out of surgery I will have a special shoe. I will be able to walk but he said the less I am on my feet the first 2 weeks the quicker it will heal overall. My problem is I work as a security guard which is a standing job 9 hrs a day 5 days a week. The DR said I need to be out for at least 2 weeks possibly more. We get no benefits and I deff cant afford to miss more then 2 weeks even missing 2 weeks will hurt financially. I am not sure what I should do. To anyone who has had this and worked a standing position, how long before you could go back to work?

Closed Thread