It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ShoreBette HB UserShoreBette HB User
Fatty lump on Ankle Bone

I have a fatty lump..likely a lipoma on both ankles....it is pressing on the nerve in the tallus region ... have seen a foot and ankle surgeon, the same one who did surgery to remove scar tissue in ankle that likely was caused by the problems with the lipoma...which this dr overlooked...now i am not so sure if this is who i want to do anymore surgery on me..

My question is whether anyone has had this issue and if so, did you consider a plastic surgeon to lipo them out...i read that plastic surgeons do this with lipomas..

Since this has been the problem that many drs did not pick up on, for 10 yrs, i want it done correct .... i now realize these lipomas have caused all the issues i have dealt with...it took them finally till now for me to sort it out because the lipoma itself has no feeling in it...i would point them out, and have drs and pts say they did not know what they were making me think it was not an issue...when in fact, this lump on the right foot has been sitting and pressing on vital nerves...

I have no confidence at all in medical professions....but have any of you dealt with this problem and can this be routine for a plastic surgeon...i must get this dealt with very soon or i will not be walking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ShoreBette HB UserShoreBette HB User
Re: Fatty lump on Ankle Bone

Update ..... I do have lipomas ..but they were enlarged because of damaged ligaments..most likely I re injured the right which is worse than left.....

Lesson to be learned...insist on an mri when even a normal chronic problem starts getting worse...I had to go to another doctor..a podiatry surgeon for him to find the damage...the ortho would not order an mri....staff got rude for asking.....an mri saved me from having a fatty lump removed with the damaged ligament not getting addressed...

I had a slip on snow fall that re injured my right..and walked on it for six months thinking it was just the same problem the ortho dr gave barely a thought to as he operated..

If your instincts tell you something is not being addressed....search another one...do this or you could end up like me....no diagnosis for almost 10 years....wrong diagnosis for 5 yrs....I may never fully have a functional foot after this.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread