It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Toe nail infection

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2014, 03:10 AM   #1
Lara1
(female)

Lara1 HB User
Toe nail infection

Hi,

Has anyone tried a good toe nail infection ointment. I tried Dr Scholls but is hasn't worked. Just looked on Amazon and there are so many. Saw one that is called Yoffee Clear, it is more natural. Has anyone tried it? Or another one?

I want to have my toe nail cleared ASAP.

Thanks,
Clair.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
hurtzdonut
Inactive
(male)

hurtzdonut HB Userhurtzdonut HB Userhurtzdonut HB Userhurtzdonut HB Userhurtzdonut HB Userhurtzdonut HB User
Re: Toe nail infection

I had a nail infection on my left foot for several years. I never really gave it much thought. It just seemed to appear one day but never spread or got worse. My doctor spotted it and offered a systematic anti-fungal but after reading up on it I decided to pass.

A year or so later I got into growing garlic in a big way. I grow about 30 varieties. Needless to say I was eating a lot of garlic. I ate it raw, baked, roasted, fried, dehydrated and even made garlic ice cream. By the the time I planted my second crop the nail infection was gone. (Garlic is planted in the fall.) I mentioned this on another forum and others claimed that garlic cleared their infection as well.

I understand your desire to clear it up quickly but think about it, the nail is infected. It takes about 12-18 months for a toenail to grow out completely and replace what was there. So, if you took a pill that killed the infection in 24 hours, it would still take a year or more to grow out that discolored nail.

Most people don't like garlic for obvious reasons but you can peel a small clove of garlic several days each week and swallow it whole with water like a pill with no taste or odor. Garlic also has numerous other health benefits including circulatory and digestive and if you love garlic like I do.....BONUS! So garlic is probably the most natural fix and will work as quick as drugs if taken diligently like you would have to take a pill anyway. Oh, garlic is cheap and dead easy to grow. It also looks pretty, repels insects and can be grown in and amongst flower beds.

Closed Thread

Tags
infections, toenails