It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

HIDA Scan results

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
msilva
(female)

msilva HB User
HIDA Scan results

Quick background. 43 yr old female. 20 years chronic diarrhea (with any food) that has gotten progressively worse in recent years, URQ pain, horrific URQ cramps after ingesting anything greasy, exhaustion, upper belly distension, migraines, right shoulder blade pain, fullness after a few bites, etc.

A. HIDA SCAN 3-17-2016---

1. HIDA scan demonstrates no evidence of acute cholecystitis.
2. Gallbladder ejection fraction of 16.1%, normal.
3. Delayed biliary to bowel transit of excreted tracer activity, most likely a normal variant in this patient.

Now, my questions:

1. Is a 16.1% ejection fraction rate normal? Everything I have read says that 35-75% is normal? Does my GP not realize that is not normal?

2. And delayed transit of tracer is "most likely normal"? According to who?

My GP is the one that ordered this test. I have an appointment on March 30 with a NEW gastro. My last gastro ordered colonoscopy (negative), endoscopy (negative), celiac test (negative), one round of Xifaxin (did nothing), h.pylori test (negative), and chalked it all up to IBS. I asked for a HIDA scan and he flat refused to look at the gallbladder and said "that's not the problem". I finally got my GP to order it along with a snide comment of "your CT scan and ultrasound didn't show anything wrong with your gallbladder. Isn't that weird? I guess I will go ahead and order the test if that is what you want..."

This has been a nightmare. And I am seriously considering a new GP. I actually asked Siri on my iPhone "what are normal ejection fraction rates for a HIDA scan?" and SHE even said 35-75% is a normal rate. If Siri says it and my M.D. cant figure it out? There's your sign....

Last edited by msilva; 03-22-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2016, 04:04 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: HIDA Scan results

Skip the gastro. Go see a surgeon and have it out. IT's the cause of all your problems.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #3
crabfestbaby
(female)

crabfestbaby HB User

Hi can I ask what have been your symptom? Hope you are doing well.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #4
Rgo82
(female)

Rgo82 HB User

How are you doing now msilva?

Reply Reply