It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

Still nauseous 7 weeks after gallbladder removal

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
Mona86
(female)

Mona86 HB User
Still nauseous 7 weeks after gallbladder removal

I'm scared that I will never feel good again, even though it seems prolonged nausea after gallbladder surgery is not all too uncommon.
Nausea was my main symptom prior to surgery and I had it on and off for years until they finally found my gallbladder was not working right.
While my right sided pain has pretty much disappeared, along with the right sided cramping I would get after eating even low fat foods, I am still battling nausea on many days. It is not as bad as before surgery but still bad enough to cause me to feel anxious that this may never go away.
I eat a low fat vegetarian diet and have even taken a course of antacids just to see if it would help.
I am also still pretty tired and get dizzy if I get up too fast. Prior to surgery I was so sick that even going to the bathroom made me very dizzy and weak. This has improved a lot now but I just hope the nausea will go away soon as well...
Has anyone else dealt with prolonged nausea?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Still nauseous 7 weeks after gallbladder removal

The dizzy when getting up can be low low blood pressure....do you have that?

As for the nausea, what was your diet for the first 3 weeks after having it out?

Old 04-09-2017, 12:06 AM   #3
iceskatingirl22
(female)

iceskatingirl22 HB User

I've had pain since my gallbladder removal, but hardly any nausea. The dizziness sounds unusual though especially, maybe see your physician? Because of the pain I felt, I went back after two months to see if something was wrong. Turns out my pancreas was having some problems, so it might be best to run a few tests just in case of infection or something.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
miniguy
(male)

miniguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB User

I had gallstones and my major symptom was nausea and it continued for about 6 or 7 weeks after surgery and dissipated but did come back. Eventually went away after a couple of months of on and off nausea and has never reoccurred.

Reply Reply