It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #1

jspears HB User
Does this sound like Gallbladder issues?

I recently went through the Upper GI Barrium testing and what I thought was my problem (Hiental Hernia or Ulcers) turned out to be undectable. I knew had some digestive issues but I was getting no answers and I was starting to get worse. About a week after my Upper GI test I started feeling pain under my right shoulder blade when I would bend down or sometimes when I laid straight on my stomach. After 3 weeks of this back pain I finally got scheduled to get a ultra sound done on my stomach and Gallbladder (I asked that this be done due to my back pain).

Lately I've been feeling a bit worse and I get nauseated often and especially when the pressure on my right side is the worst. I've also started getting some pain under my right rib cage on my chest along with the back pain. When I went in to see the doctor he felt around and said he didnt feel Gallstones...which I found strange cause I ddint think you could just feel them but I'm not sure.

My Symptoms include:

Acid reflux
Lots of pressure in my chest..I believe due to the reflux.
Metallic taste in the mouth...I believe due to the reflux
Naseau
Sharp pain in my back under my right shouldblade...unbearable at time when I bend over to pick something up.
Pain under my right ribcage in the front.

If anyone has had these symptoms please share what happened and how you were diagnosed. It seems to be getting worse and I'm afraid of that something bad will happen as it gets worse......anything reassuring?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile Re: Does this sound like Gallbladder issues?

Hi there - so sorry for your troubles. Based on your symptoms, you could have either gall bladder problems or GERD. Both can cause similar symptoms, and I know, having lived through both. My gall bladder problems were increasingly severe bouts of pain up under the right ribs, radiating to the back, nausea, weight loss, diarrhea, excess gas, and just feeling miserable. Even though ultrasound and hida scans for the GB were "normal", my surgeon got me a 2nd opinion and I had my GB out. All those symptoms were gone after surgery (except the diarrhea, but that's another story). However, my GERD worsened, and I eventually had surgery to correct a hypotonic lower esophageal sphincter and hiatal hernia. My GERD symptoms were burning around the heart, sharp shooting pains midchest and through to back, metallic taste in my mouth (all day), chronic sore throat, hoarse voice, and pain around the juncture of the esophagus & stomach.

So only your doctor can determine what digestive organ is giving you trouble. Ask to have an endoscopy done so the doc can take a look at your esophagus and stomach, as well as gall bladder ultrasounds and hida scan to determine gall bladder function.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Katie G

Last edited by moderator4; 01-21-2004 at 10:25 PM.

Old 01-21-2004, 08:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
Re: Does this sound like Gallbladder issues?

I believe Katie has said most of what can be said. I don't think Upper GI Barrium is good for detecting ulcers. I think an endoscope is the golden test for finding stomach and duodenum ulcers. The barium test is good for looking for any sort of blockages. Your symptoms could be GERD and GB related. The thing I have found with digestive problems is that so many diseases have the same dang symptoms which can make things very frustrating. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2004, 08:43 AM   #4
(male)

hallmatt HB User
Re: Does this sound like Gallbladder issues?

My symptoms seemed to be lower than yours. I haven't really had any issues between stomach and mouth. No metallic taste, no nausea, no reflux. But I did have a lot of gas bloating going on. My right side pain never really went to my shoulders that I could tell, but it did cause discomfort on the left side too. Possibly from the gas. Here's the story of my gallbladder...

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=144243[/url]

Closed Thread