It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
(male)

ELDERPANTHER HB User
Chest Pain after Gall Bladder Removal

I am a 57 year old male who had hiis GB removed in Mar 2003. Since then I have had Pain under my right rib cage and chest pain. My doc attributes the chest pain to GERD and the abdominal pain to IBS. My pain has beeen off and on but more on lately. Almost to the point of constant. I have read a lot about post gall bladder pain on this site. The one thing that seems unique for me is that my chest pain is made worse when I push on my chest. It occurs at the breast line about one inch on either side. Has anyone experienced these symptoms? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:56 PM   #2

carebear73 HB User
Re: Chest Pain after Gall Bladder Removal

It could possibly be inflammation of your cartilige between your ribs or muscle inflammation. I had two bouts of costochondritis last year. It hurts to press on it and it's hard to breathe. I had my gb removed in October and had alot of muscle and cartilige inflammation afterward. It has settled down now. It took me about 4 months to feel back to normal again. They do move alot of things around when they do the surgery and if you had it done lapriscopically they have to put those two incisions around your rib cage for the instruments. It could be scar tissue as well. I hope this has helped some. Hopefully it will settle down soon. Just take it easy and don't strain yourself. I know how painful it can be. Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Carebear

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

StaciL320 HB User

Hi! I had my gall bladder removed last year and I still get chest pains and rib pains. I was told it was gas, and that just may be true. Nobody seem to feel it is anything serious, but it does get annoying. My ribs seem to hurt more when I press them and sometimes wearing a bra bothers me. I also feel a kind of pressure of uncomfortable feeling in my breast bone area, as well as where once of my incisions were made for my surgery. So far I just live with this since I really didn't want to go through GI testing. I am guessing I have either excess gas, acid reflux or maybe even a hiatal hernia.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

jossr HB User

Finally after 4 months of trying to get the ins. company, getting a new gi, and taking the HIDA plus CCK, they have found that my gb is not functioning. I have been on a low fat diet for this time so I don't experience full blown attacks. However, the chest pains and diareeha are frequent whenever I slip up and I eat too much fiber or fats. So of course my option is to take the gb out, but if I'm still going to experience chest pain and diareeha, my options are still not good. Some say that they don't have any pain just watch what they eat. I guess I must resolve myself to suffering because I already have a bad case of GERD.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #5
(male)

ELDERPANTHER HB User

Never thought about scar tissue. I have had problems with other surguries with scar tissue especially in the back. Thanks for your insight.

Closed Thread