It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
Red face My Gall Bladder won't stop spasuming

Well I had written a couples of threads about having a mysterious abdominal pain last week and I finally found out what it was .. my gall bladder. It turns out is spasuming and it was creatign alot of pain. Th doctors thought it was my appendix at first... thank goodness it wasn't. I was out on a liquid diet of soup broth and meal replacements.. yummy.. lol Today was my last day on diet, but Im still in pain. I was given pain killers and taken off work for a few days with bedrest but it is still not much better. They told if it has not
" healed" within a week after I saw the doc I was to go back. So my question is for those who have had this.. what is the next step? I know it is no a serious thing but it is rather bothersome. Thank you for your replies!

Last edited by Fullfire; 03-07-2005 at 07:32 PM.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

tracy26 HB User
Re: My Gall Bladder won't stop spasuming

Do you have gall stones? I had those about 5 years ago. I ended up having my gallbladder removed. I had gallbladder "attacks" for months and that cured them was a deep massage. It moved the gall stones around to a different location and made the pain subside for a while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

No I fon't have any gall stones, I just have a gallbladder spasms. They are painfull and Iam on pain killers. I was put on a diet in hjopes it would give my gallbladder a resat .I know it is pretty painfull to have it removed. Im just wondering what else can be done . I have read that eatign more fibre, drinkign more water, and staying away from fatty foods helps.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
(female)

tracy26 HB User

I didn't know what my pain was either at first. My story started out with me being 4 months pregnant and I fell over in pain in the shower. I thought I was having a miscarriage and I went to the ER and they found through a sonogram I had stones in my gall bladder which was causing the awful pains. I cound' t have them removed right away so for the next 5 months I was on a strict no fat/salt diet. It didn't always help though. The day after I had my son, I had my gallbladder removed and not problems now. It is a farely simple surgery. It is laproscopic. They just cut a few mosquito bite size incisions and burn them out with a laser.

Have you had a sonogram and checked for gall stones? This isn't something that will just go away on it's own.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
(female)

river525 HB User

I know exactly what your experiencing. I had them for over a year and kept thinking I was having a heart attack or something else. I did the ultrasound and it was negative and then they did another test. It was called a dumping test (I think). They injected dye into my vein and then x-rayed my digestive system or something like that. Anyway, long story short, my gallbladder was extremely slow in dumping the bile which caused the spasms/pain. I've since had my gallbladder removed and all is good. NO MORE PAIN/SPASMS

Ask your doctor to send you to a gastro doctor and see if they will do this test. I got the impression it is not one that is done a lot anymore but it sure answered my problem. Good luck

Old 03-09-2005, 08:59 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
Re: My Gall Bladder won't stop spasming

i only had a ultra sound done, and it could not see any stones. Iam now off my deit but I still it difficult to eat because it feels like nothing is really being digested. It just sits there maling me feel like I have horrible heart burn. I tried eating little bits of food and waiting, but I can't evem drink fluids without that same effect. I feel really nausated, like I would feel so much better If I could just empty my stomach. When I was having alot of the pains it was that too. I felt so much better when my stomcha was empty but the moment I ate or drank I was in pain. I found out about my problem by going to the hospital because my doc did not know realy know what it was. The doc at the hospital said if it had not cleared up to go back. I read that most gallbladder attacks do usually occur more than a couple of times. I don't know if I should go back, and i don't really know what they would do. Thank you for your replies,, and I hope to get somre input

Old 03-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #7
(female)

spongebobgamma HB Userspongebobgamma HB User

I'm going though this right now too. I had a hida scan done which showed my gallbladder function is only 17%. According to ultrasound and ct I have no stones. Dr said the gallbladder needs to come out. Ask your Dr for the hida scan.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:09 AM   #8
(female)

river525 HB User

Yes that's what the test I had was called, hida scan. Fullfire I would request this test. It was the one that answered my problem and apparently also Spongebobgamma's too. Good luck

Old 03-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I see my doc on the 30th, and I can't get in any sooner to see her. Im not in horrible pain, but it is bothersome. Should I wait to see my doctor or go have it sorted out now? Is s Hida Scan done in a hospital? If it is it might just be easirt to go back. I was on a liqud deit,, but now that im off it I have a hard time trying to digest anything. Do you know anythign I can do in the mean time that might help? lol

Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I see my doc on the 30th, and I can't get in any sooner to see her. Im not in horrible pain, but it is bothersome. Should I wait to see my doctor or go have it sorted out now? Is s Hida Scan done in a hospital? If it is it might just be easirt to go back. I was on a liqud deit,, but now that im off it I have a hard time trying to digest anything. Do you know anythign I can do in the mean time that might help? lol I like eating, Im not overly hungry right now, but I am pretty weak. I have been drinking lots of juice, amd water. I also have been taking alot of vitmins, but Iam also aunt flo is in town so it makes it worse.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #11
(female)

spongebobgamma HB Userspongebobgamma HB User

Thats a long time to wait when you can't eat. I know your suppose to stay away from fatty foods, but it seems no matter what I eat i have a problem. Can you call your Dr and have him schedule a hida scan for you now? That way you can have your results back when you go for your appt. You don't need to see him to have the test. Let him know you can't eat, maybe he will get your appt moved up. I had my hida scan done at a radiology (sp) center accross from the hospital.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:22 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
Re: My Gall Bladder won't stop spasming

Im seem to be doing much better now. When I see my nre doc I will tell her about my gall bladder, and go from there. The pain is pretty much gone ,but it stills takes a whiel to digest food . Thank you for yourr replies! Take care!

Old 03-13-2005, 05:32 AM   #13
(female)

valjo HB User

I feel for you, I tolerated my bad gallbladder as long as possible until it began sending me to my knees whimpering in pain 2-3 times every day. I could not take it finally and had it removed. My gallbladder had tested slow on xray too but no stones and I got the new style operation but to me that still felt like I had been knifed in a back alley when I woke up, then it took almost 4 months for the scar tissue to stop being tender when I would twist or bend, but now I'm as fine as rain! I can eat anything again, even though I don't eat much fatty meats and oils anymore but I could if I wanted to.
I healed slow and hurt badly afterwards for a time but it was worth getting it out.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I m glad you are feeling much better now. Mine is not near as that bad. It just a little bothersome right now. It is nuch better than it was before.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:32 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

Hi I just wonder for those who have had this simliar problem, how often did you have your attacks? 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital and Im half way at the point where I was before. My autn told me I should just see a doc and tell them to remove it, but I don't htink they will remove it without a fairly good reason. So what do you think I should do?

Closed Thread