It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
(female)

Gidget6923 HB User
Gallbladder Polyp

Has anyone ever gotten rid of a Gallbladder Polyp by doing a liver flush??
What flush would you recommend that is natural and safe?

I have had several ultrasounds showing a 5mm polyp which grew to 7mm over the last 1-2 years. My doctor does not want to take out my gallbladder and says it will only be necessary if and when my polyp reaches 10mm. I do not want to wait for my polyp to become possibly malignant which is the case for a polyp of that size. I even had 2 other opinions from other doctors...both said not to worry about it.

My gallbladder causes me pain and discomfort and I am sick of it.

Aside from changing my diet which I am working on now, losing weight, and excercise....what can I do to rid myself of this?

I also heard that Milk Thistle is good for the liver. Can it help my gallbladder too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 04:24 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Gallbladder Polyp

I would not be so quick to get rid of your GB if you do not need to do so. We need all of our organs and eliminating one can causes imbalances that may be worse than the discomfort you are now experiencing and may be able to deal with in some other way.

I had to have my GB removed because I was deathly ill and (as it turned out after they removed it) it was diseased. You might try first researching other treatments to address your particular discomfort. Do fatty foods bother you? If so, you could reduce or eliminate them. Milk Thistle is beneficial for the liver, as are liver flushes; however, I do not know if a liver flush would directly address a polyp. A polyp (I believe) is attached to tissue. Stones are inside the GB and can actually be passed (if small enough) with a particular procedure.
All the best!

Last edited by peregrine; 01-11-2006 at 04:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
(female)

Gidget6923 HB User

I read somewhere that artichoke can assist in Gallbladder health. Is this something I should try?

The thing is....not only do I have a polyp but my right side is constantly tender and I can feel a lump or tugging sensation and I have frequent gallbladder attacks that do not come after any particular meal.

My doc knows about all this and swears I do not have stones. He won't order any other tests and neither will the other doctors I have been to. One of my first ultrasounds before the discovery of the polyp showed gallbladder inflammation and a slightly thickened wall. But now it's just the polyp but the wall is noral and no inflammation.

I am at my witts end and scared to death I am going to end up with cancer. I have been working out and losing weight but I still have a ways to go.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Gidget,

If you had stones they would show up on the ultrasound. If you are doubting your doc and are in that much distress you could always get a second opinion by another internest.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
(female)

tursismile HB User

GidgetPiecukoni, WOW! I have the same symptoms. I had blood work & an Ultrasound 1st and that showed a polyp. While my bloodwork came up fine the PA sent me for an Endoscopy to have the polyp checked. That Dr took a biopsy and said it came up Clean for bacteria (in other words...not cancerous, no parasite, etc. ). I was distraught because the pain in my upper side is horrific and he said to go immediately for a CT Scan so they can see better (hopefully) what it is, decide if the GB needs to be removed, & rule out "Other" things. The CT Scan did NOT see the polyp being it's 6mm, HOWEVER, they see a kidney stone which Dr.s are saying should be no problem and pass on its own BUT they saw water in my lung and Nodules too. So NOW they want me to see the Pulmonary Dr before they move forward. I have an appointment on Monday Columbus Day, however I CAN'T sleep and that effects my days at work. I am in awful pain, EXACTLY how you described, on my left side (moved from the right) and have trouble taking deep breaths it hurts so much. Today I'm calling my Internists office to tell them I need direction as to what to do because I can't take this.
I have found nothing more than a diet to follow and though I've always been into alternative treatment (acupuncture herbs and all) this time.....I think I'm sticking with Western Medicine, this kind of pain scares me! Though Doctors kind of Suck because no body has the time for me.
I literally feel your pain.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-06-2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Closed Thread