It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

heelsgal HB User
Unhappy Gallbladder or Kidney Stones?? Please HELP

hi everyone-sorry this is so long....i'm just really frustrated!!

here is my problem:

i am a 29 year old female and i have been feeling really rotten for about 1 month now. ended up in the ER about 3 weeks ago with severe pain in my abdomen and nausea. they did a CT scan which came back positive for kidney stones. there are three of them. i was given a strainer to use and pain medicine. NOW my issue is: i have had a low-grade fever (99.5-100.0) for about 2 weeks with continuing abdomen pain. haven't seen the stones yet. my doctor put me on Cipro for a week...which didn't work and now i'm taking Levaquin...which i can't tell if it is working. my nausea is mainly after eating....about 2 hours afterwards....and severe RUQ pain that comes and goes right after eating. which i guess these are all symptoms of gallbladder problems so he sent me for an ultrasound and HIDA scan yesterday. during the HIDA scan i had severe pain and nausea (a recreation of my normal pain). the results came back with no gallbladder stones and my gallbladder emptied at 39%. they told me that is normal or that 30% and above is normal. she did say that the ultrasound showed a kidney stone....which i already knew.

my question is: can a kidney stone cause the exact symptoms of a gallbladder problem? do you normally have a fever with gallbladder problems or kidney stones?

i apologize for this being so long....i'm just in tears b/c i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!!

i really value ya'lls opinion and look forward to your replies.

Thanks,

heelsgal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread