It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
(male)

EDDIE10 HB User
Mid back pain after gallbladder surgery

HAS ANYONE HAD MID BACK PAIN AFTER GALL BLADDER SURGERY. i HAD LAPROSCOPIC SURGERY. IT HAS BEEN FOUR DAYS SINCE THE SURGERY. I DID NOT FEEL THIS PAIN IMMEDIATELY AFTER SURGERY. CAME ON 48 HOURS AFTER SURGERY. NOT SEVERE BUT MILD MID PAIN. ANNOYING TYPE OF BURNING ACEING PAIN.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #2
(female)

Peggy1 HB User
Re: Mid back pain after gallbladder surgery

Dear EDDIE10,

I have also had gallbladder surgery. I had the surgery back in May of 2005. I have been having mid back pain ever since then. I have been to a lot of doctors and no one can tell me why my mid back area hurts. It feels like someone has punched me real deep and then it burns real bad!!!
Please reply
Peggy1

Last edited by Peggy1; 03-04-2006 at 07:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
(male)

EDDIE10 HB User

Peggy...Thanks for imput. In my hearts of hearts I think the pain may not be from the GB. But they had to remove in order to rule out the BG. Plus a hida scan did show that the GB was not working well (35%). Today is day 5 of my surgery. Probably my best day. Mid back pain mild. In the mornings I wake up feeling good. Mild pain comes after eating. I may have to eat smaller meals. I hope you find your answers to your mid back pain. I dont believe it to be panreatic because from what I read pain would also be in the upper front stomach area and unbarable. Some say it takes weeks for your body to adjust. Keep me informed about your problem.

Old 03-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
(male)

EDDIE10 HB User

Peggy1, Hope you got my message im still learning how to use these boards.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
(female)

Peggy1 HB User

Eddie
I am a beginner on the boards also. Thank you for your imput. I would like to tell you one thing that I do notice since my gallbladder has been taken out. You will get a lot of diarrhea at times and this is supposed to be normal. I had pain with my gallbladder surgery for about 2 months. I could not even get into my bed. I could not lay on either side because of the pain in the stomach. They told me that it was because of the gas that they put in there. Last year, I lost my mom, my gallbladder, and my job all within months of each other and being sick also. I hope that someday I will find a doctor that will tell me what is wrong with me. The tremors and the dizziness that I get are the worst yet! I think that I have MS symptoms but the doctors say no. I also recently had a friend that died last summer. He was having upper back pain and no one could tell him why! A couple months later he went to the emergency room and in 2 hours he passed away. The autopsy showed that he died from a heart attack. That is really scarey to go to the hospital for back pain and all of the sudden you are gone!! Well anyway thanks for replying. I hope you get better soon!!!!
Peggy1

Old 03-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
(male)

EDDIE10 HB User

Peggy...thanks again for your response. They say diet will cure all. Maybe look into what your eating. Hang in there youll get better. Reading too much info can drive you crazy.

Closed Thread