It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

stellatj HB User
pain in left shoulder after gallbladder removal

ok this is scaring me it started several hours ago it has not got worse but its no better i have pain in my Left shoulder and when i take a deep breath it hurts my chest and shoulder just the left side. tomorrow is 1 week since my surgery is this normal or something i need to see a doctor about. any help is appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: pain in left shoulder after gallbladder removal

Probably still the gas moving around. At this point, I wouldn;t worry about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
(female)

agurl79 HB User

I agree it probably is gas that you are feeling and probably nothing to worry about. Although, I had similar pains radiating to my left shoulder last year, and eventually it was discovered that my spleen was enlarged due to an embolus in one of the vessels to my spleen. They told me that pain from the spleen is reffered to the left shoulder. Anyways, they took my spleen out 8/05 and the pain vanished. I had surgery to have my gall bladder out in 9/04 after a severe case of acute pancreatitis. They haven't been able to tell me for sure if the problems with my spleen were related to the pancreatitis or not. (The docs have also told me that pain from the pancreas can sometimes be felt in the left shoulder.)

Old 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User

Well, it's only been two days since the surgery for me, but I actually got on here because I'm having the same problem, only in my right shoulder. It started last night, and hasn't gotten worse, but hasn't gotten any better. It feels like a strain or pulled muscle. My doctor told me before surgery that the gas will often settle around the shoulder blades and cause pain, so I think we're fine. Laying flat on my back seems to help for me. Good luck!

Closed Thread