It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

countrykid HB User
Gallbladder okay ---now what next???????

Well I went to the gastro dr this morning to get the results of my PIPIDA Scan (HIDA Scan) (I found out it is called that because they use a different drug in the drip IV). Gallbladder is fine 89.35 was the score on the functioning.
So now I need to go for more tests. Ultrasound okay... PipIda okay... blood work okay. Now we are doing stool studies. After the new doctor recieves the report from the last colonoscopy (post 2 years)they will decide based on that report and the stool studies if I may need another colonoscopy. Since the spasmaotic (Levbid) has helped with the pain they are weighing on IBS or colitis. Nothing has helped with the bowel movements still soft or explosive.
So back to the drawing board.
Some times it is so stressful to have a test and then find out it is not that at all and you have to go for more and more tests.
Sometimes you just wish it was what you are suspecting just to get done and end the discomfort.
This is going to be a fun summer...never knowing when or what you can eat in fear of the sudden ...OH MY GOD---where's the bathroom!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #2

2littlemonkeys HB User
Re: Gallbladder okay ---now what next???????

Sorry you didn't get an answer. I totally understand the just wanting know thing. Hopefully they'll draw some concrete conclusions soon! Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Gallbladder okay ---now what next???????

It sounds like you are not eating enough soluble fiber.
Soluble fiber slows down the digestive system and makes the stool bulkier.

I suggest you try taking a water soluble fiber supplement twice daily. I use psyllium -- the Equate brand from Wal Mart.

The worse person that I have ever known with explosive diarrhea was helped / cured using Metamucil-- That was 23 years ago!!

Closed Thread