It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

Gigi D HB User
Anyone have a thickened gallbladder wall?

My doctor gave me a copy of my ultrasound results. I had just one stone, approximately 2 cm, and a thickened gallbladder wall. What exactly does that mean-I'm guessing that it means the gallbladder is inflammed, probably from the stone???
Those of you who have had your gallbladder removed, did you have a thickened gallbladder wall, too? Is this anything to be concerned about? I have inflammation in my colon, too, so I'm not sure if there's some kind of connection or not.
Thanks!

Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Anyone have a thickened gallbladder wall?

I was told that its a sign of gall bladder disease. gall stones ect. I had ultra sound done a few years ago and they saw at least 20 small stones 3 months later another ultra sound no signs of the stones just a thickened lining. I still have my gall bladder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
(female)

paula43 HB User

I can't help much, Gigi, mine was normal on sonogram and I had no stones. All I had was a low ejection fraction rate on the HIDA scan which is enough reason to remove it. You can research this online, just type in "causes thickened wall of gall bladder" and see what comes up. With other things going on, did your dr. explain this...what does he want to do now?

The Following User Says Thank You to paula43 For This Useful Post:
edelwize (04-02-2012)
Old 06-24-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
(female)

Gigi D HB User

I'm being sent to a GI, but can't get in until September.
I see another surgeon in mid-July re. the gallbladder. My doctor said they'll probably want to do a HIDA scan to check the functioning.
My problems have been ongoing since January. The gallbladder surgery will be my third surgery this year. I can't wait for this all to be over!!!
I've tried to do some searching on the internet, but haven't come up with a whole lot that seems to really relate to what all is going on with me.
Oh, and Paula-no, my doctor didn't explain anything about the thickened gallbladder. I read it after leaving her office. Mainly we discussed my colonoscopy results. All she said was that she was surprised by the gallbladder test, and that the surgeon she's sending me to will probably want me to have a HIDA scan done before the surgery for some reason.

Last edited by Gigi D; 06-24-2006 at 10:14 PM.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

I had mine removed over a year ago due to a thickened wall and polyps. The dr.s weren't concerned about the polyps but more about the inflammation(aka. cholecystitis). That is why I had it removed. Usually inflammation is due to a stone or something blocking the bile duct. The trapped bile can cause infection or other nasty things. That is why dr.s recommend removal in that case.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:40 AM   #6
(female)

rsbird HB User

I also have a thickened gallbladder wall, i suffer from a lot of upper abdo pain after a fatty meal.

Do you have any symptoms?

I have had various investigations but my consultant feels no reason to remove it. So i therefore have a large collection of painkillers!

Good luck.

Closed Thread