It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

sophie2007 HB User
Lightbulb Debris in Gallbladder...please share your stories.

Finally, after 4 months of extreme and intense pain, a weight loss of 42 pounds, depression from the pain, and the inablility to work because of symptoms, they finally diagnosed my condition as "debris in my gallbladder" and the docs and surgeons say they are 80% confident that removal of the gallbladder will relieve the pain and symptoms. I have had every other test done on earth including barium enema, upper GI study, small intestine series, several CT scans, bacteria study on my stool, and a second ultrasound on my gallbladder which showed up the debris this time, but did not show anything last March, which is when this all began.

Because I have been in so much pain and discomfort including tachycardia up to 130 bpm almost daily with the pain and do not want to get addicted to pain medication, I decided that I will have the gallbladder removed.

If anyone who reads this can share their stories about being diagnosed with debris in the gallbladder I sure would like to hear them. My whole life has changed because of this condition.

Thank you very much!

Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
(male)

Adidas0298 HB User
Re: Debris in Gallbladder...please share your stories.

I just had my gall bladder removed yesterday. I had debris in my gall bladder too, I only had symptoms for one week (3 attacks in one week!) so they yanked it out last night at 7pm and Im home already. I felt 500% better, I felt better the MINUTE I woke up after surgery. You wont regret the surgery, trust me.

The pain before the surgery is much more extreme than afterwards. However, the pain after the surgery isnt anything minor. I was on Dilauden injections every 1.5 hours at the hospital and am now on Vicodin 500mg 2x every 4 hours. All in all, the gall bladder, for being such a small piece of flesh, sure can cause a lot of grief!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #3
(female)

sophie2007 HB User

Thank you so much for your reply! I have attacks every day now, and end up taking a half a percocet to take the edge off of the pain and bring my heart rate down which gets as high as 130 during the attacks. I'm glad you only had to suffer with this a short while. I can hardly wait to get a life again. Thanks again!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
(female)

sophie2007 HB User

By the way Adidas or anyone else, did the docs say anything about eating differently now that your GB is out? Did they ever tell you why you had debris in your GB? I'm trying to get my surgery scheduled sooner. So far the surgeon can't see me to set it up till Friday! Thanks!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
(male)

Adidas0298 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie2007 View Post
By the way Adidas or anyone else, did the docs say anything about eating differently now that your GB is out? Did they ever tell you why you had debris in your GB? I'm trying to get my surgery scheduled sooner. So far the surgeon can't see me to set it up till Friday! Thanks!
The Doctor told me everybody is different and "some" things that you were able to eat before (spicy stuff for example), you may not be able to tolerate anymore. But thats only some people.
And as far as the debris goes, I figured the debris was stuff left over when old sludge and/or stones passed.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
(female)

sophie2007 HB User

Hi Adidas and everyone else! How are you doing today since your surgery? I am scheduled for surgery on Monday, June 18th. It is at a same day surgery center which I guess is quite common for GB laproscopic removal but it still makes me nervous. I hope they send me home with decent pain meds. Right now I take percocet for the constant pain, but only take a half every 6 hours or so to take the edge off the pain. I worry about becomming addicted to pain meds. Take care...sophie

Old 06-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
(male)

Adidas0298 HB User

I had my surgery Sat night and today is wednesday. I am still couch-bound. Good news is Ive only taken 1 vicodin today! yesterday and the day before I was taking the maximum daily (8-500mg) the pain was severe. Im not trying to scare you, but SPEAK UP when it comes to pain management. You will hurt and be sore!

The DR gave me the option to "leave whenever I was ready". Stupid me left Sunday evening. I shouldve stayed until Monday or Tuesday, really. The pain meds there are much better than vicodin and I have been spiking a fever every night. At the hospital I was on IV anti-biotics from the second I started getting IV fluids (remember I was in the hospital since Thursday- surgery Saturday, checked out Sunday).

All in all, the very second I woke up in recovery I felt 1,000,000,000% better as a whole. My gall bladder had really given my body hell. My liver was stressed out and I had jaundice. Thats why my stay was so long. I had to first have a HIDA scan, then later on Friday I had to have the ERCP (or whatever they call it) Its the scope where they go down through your throat and check for blockages in your bile/liver ducts. They found debris and I guess the tubes were pretty swollen and irritated. Indicitave of stones passing previously.

Im very glad its gone. My body feels much better. My urine is no longer dark yellow/orange and the whites of my eyes are....white! It must've been irritating my body for a while because I had those symptoms for a while...

Good Luck on your surgery, and hang in there! You'll know it was the gall bladder the minute you wake up out of the procedure and feel like a weight was lifted off you.

Last edited by Adidas0298; 06-14-2007 at 05:52 AM.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
(female)

Sisty HB User

How did they find the debris? I have had pain for 6 months every test is normal?! HIDA scan, ultrasound, colonoscopy, endoscopy, GI Series, 2 CT's with contrast, bloods !

Old 06-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #9
(female)

dixiepeep HB User

The Gallbladder test came back okay, the Endoscopic test was okay. I still get pains on upper right side. They did a crystal Bile Biopsy and I have not gotten the results back yet. My problem is that if I eat any food that is fatty I get really nauseated. I have been living off of Lean Cuisine for about a month. I don't know what else it could be but the gallbladder. My liver enzymes came back okay too. Did any of you get nauseated after eating sweets or fatty foods? I am not in as bad of pain as you all seem to have been but I don't want to get that way. I was awake for the Endoscopic test because the medicine was not strong enough to knock me out. It was very frightening and it still hurts where they took the biopsy.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
(female)

sophie2007 HB User

The first ultrasound done in March, in Glasgow, Scotland came back normal. I had the other one done a couple of weeks ago and it showed the debris. Then, after the GB was removed it showed sludge. I had my gallbladder removed Saturday, emergency surgery as the pain was so bad I ended up in ER on Friday night. I was in the hospital all last week with the same symptoms and was sure that it must be another problem but today, my first day home, I seem to feel much better without pain except for surgery pain. I did have horrid diarrhea this morning but felt much better by noon. My poop, (sorry about this but wanting to know) is now orange/yellow. Before surgery it was green. Anyone else have orange poop after GB surgery? Good luck!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #11
(female)

sophie2007 HB User

The first ultrasound done in March, in Glasgow, Scotland came back normal. I had the other one done a couple of weeks ago and it showed the debris. Then, after the GB was removed it showed sludge. I have done what you are doing...having all the right tests and nothing showed up until...suddenly there was the debris. Do you get a high heart rate with the attacks?

I had my gallbladder removed Saturday, emergency surgery as the pain was so bad I ended up in ER on Friday night. I was in the hospital all last week with the same symptoms and was sure that it must be another problem but today, my first day home, I seem to feel much better without pain except for surgery pain. I did have horrid diarrhea this morning but felt much better by noon. My poop, (sorry about this but wanting to know) is now orange/yellow. Before surgery it was green. Anyone else have orange poop after GB surgery? Good luck!

Old 06-25-2007, 05:40 AM   #12
(female)

dixiepeep HB User

I will ask my Dad. He had GB surgery. I have not had my surgery yet. I will call him on my cell and let you know.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:49 AM   #13
(female)

dixiepeep HB User

He said no orange. Did you drink anything that could make it orange like drinks? He said they gave him stuff in the hospital to drink that made the colors different.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #14
(female)

Sisty HB User

May i ask where your pain was, I Have 6 months of pain upper right stomach below the ribs and radiates to both sides of my back. All my tests are negative too.
Thanks for any help. Hope you are feeling better now.
Sisty
Quote:
Finally, after 4 months of extreme and intense pain, a weight loss of 42 pounds, depression from the pain, and the inablility to work because of symptoms, they finally diagnosed my condition as "debris in my gallbladder" and the docs and surgeons say they are 80% confident that removal of the gallbladder will relieve the pain and symptoms. I have had every other test done on earth including barium enema, upper GI study, small intestine series, several CT scans, bacteria study on my stool, and a second ultrasound on my gallbladder which showed up the debris this time, but did not show anything last March, which is when this all began.

Because I have been in so much pain and discomfort including tachycardia up to 130 bpm almost daily with the pain and do not want to get addicted to pain medication, I decided that I will have the gallbladder removed.

If anyone who reads this can share their stories about being diagnosed with debris in the gallbladder I sure would like to hear them. My whole life has changed because of this condition.

Thank you very much!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
(male)

Adidas0298 HB User

Quote:
my first day home, I seem to feel much better without pain except for surgery pain.
I felt way better after my surgery too. That creepy gall bladder had me all messed up before the surgery.
As far as the BM's go - never had orange diahrrea. But everybody is different and something you drink (ever drink purple colored beverage at dinner?) or medications could cause that.
I had the runs for the first 1.5 weeks after surgery. Now its sporradic and lessening every week. I find if I eat something fattening (chicken strips with french fries) I feel like crap all day and get the runs to boot.
Whereas if I eat something healthy (grilled chicken breast with green beans) I am good to go and no runs.

Closed Thread