It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

Katina128 HB User
Gallbladder or peptic ulcer?

I know, you're not a dr, and I'm undergoing testing right now, but thought I'd get your opinions on it. Here are my symptoms:

*pain in upper stomach, about 3" below bra band, in line with belly button, usually after eating
*heartburn after eating certain foods, not everything
*some acid reflux
*some bouts of nausea, but not throwing up

Had Taco Bell the other day and it didn't even bother me. Had peanut butter yesterday and today and it gave me horrible heartburn. Had pasta tonight that gave me a stomach ache and nausea. Weird things set it off, not just spicey or tomato stuff. I had an u/s on my gallbladder last week and am awaiting the results. Does this sound like a g/b or an ulcer issue to you? Thanks everyone!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #2
(female)

marnb77 HB User
Re: Gallbladder or peptic ulcer?

if you have gallstones or a non functioning gallbladder you can still have attacks whether you eat healthy or not. Sometimes, I can eat indian food without any issues and have pasta another night and have a horrible attack. They say you shouldn't eat fatty or spicy foods with a bum gallbladder, but in my personal experience, it really hasn't mattered. I hope you find out what's causing all your pain. Good luck and let us know the results of your ultrasound.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #3
(female)

jenn892 HB User

Definitely sounds like gall bladder to me - those were my exact symptoms - except for probably more heartburn and stomach issues than it sounds like you may be experiencing. I had my gall bladder out on the 31st and I'm doing wonderful. No more of the pain in the lower rib cage - still a bit of heartburn but that I can definitely deal with for now.

Good luck!!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
(female)

Katina128 HB User

Thank you for all your opinions. The nurse said today my u/s was normal. So, now I'm stumped. I am not sure what's going on. I see the dr again on the 24th, so we'll see what he says. I seem to have mild nausea or just a feeling of being "off" after eating meals. That's new for me, just in the past week or two. So, who knows what is going on.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
(female)

crushme HB User

PB and Taco bell were 2 of the worst GB attacks I ever had. SO I haven't had a gb in 2 years, and now I have an ulcer. Not much indigestion as I would describe, just pain in the chest, and belly. I went to ER, was almost diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, and then just told its prolly an ulcer, see regular doc.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
(female)

crushme HB User

btw, my gb pain was very much to the right side under ribcage. An ucler is supposed to be in the place you describe, but my ulcer is more to the left.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Katina,

USUALLY, a peptic ulcer will feel better with a full very fatty meal and a wonky gall bladder will feel MUCH worse. (Gall bladder needs to pump bile to emusify fat.)

Peptic ulcer hurts steadily like a burn; gall bladder pain comes in wqaves separated by a couple minutes and is more "crampy. GB diesn't feel like heartburn but rather cramping colic. Peptic ulcer doesn't usually feel like heartburn but more like "stomach burn."

To test your gall bladder, on an empty stomach have some eggs with 1/4 pound of uncrisp bacon and some heavily buttered toast and real cream in your coffee...if that doesn't cause pain after about a half hour, your GB is probably fine.

For a guess out of the blue, what you have sounds most like GERD, gastric reflux.

Last edited by Lenin; 06-14-2007 at 04:09 AM.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #8
(female)

Katina128 HB User

It doesn't match the gerd symptoms that I've researched actually. I don't have very much refluxing, only every once in a while when I'm lying down. My main symptoms now are nausea and pain after eating, in the top of my tummy.

Closed Thread