It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

sheramb HB User
Unhappy Contracted gallbladder with thickened walls

I had a ct scan of the abdomen and the report showed that my gallbladder appeared contracted with slightly thickened walls...but it also said that the thickened walls might be due the contracted state. I went for an ultrasound on Tuesday and don't have the results yet. I am just trying to understand what would cause my gallbladder to be contracted? They had me drink some stuff before the test for contrast and also the IV - but my gallbladder was not supposed to be contracted from that....I'm confused ???

Old 07-23-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
(female)

poppydad0 HB User
Re: Contracted gallbladder with thickened walls

Hi

I had my GB out in January following years of pain. When they did the ultrasound they said mine was contracted but they didn't know why until I had it out. Turns out it was packed full of large stones and had thickened sides. I'd guess that yours is full of stones too and that makes it kind of shrivel up on itself.

The good news is after the surgery I felt better IMMEDIATELY and could eat normally. The scars are tiny and recovery was easy. Feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread