It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
(female)

Katina128 HB User
After gallbladder removal, did your ribs hurt?

I'm having a rough time still. I'm 11 days post surgery and still in a lot of pain if I do anything other than lay around. I thought I'd run to the store for some groceries earlier and my right abdomen and back ribcage hurt so bad I could cry. Did anyone else have this? and when did it get better? TIA!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
(female)

Katina128 HB User
Re: After gallbladder removal, did your ribs hurt?

Anyone? I guess I'm a freak.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Katina! Did you have yours done laparoscopically or did they give you the old fashioned cut? I have to say at first my ribs hurt a little, but now I'm finding that I think a lot of the problem is gas in the upper rib area, and also added to that is a burning when trying to digest food. I've even been getting the pain in my back, too. I'm having more pain now than before I started! Believe me, I feel your pain and no, you are not a freak! Perhaps sometimes when people don't feel well they have such a variety of symptoms (like myself), that they don't even know where to begin to pinpoint any one thing. I'm putting a call in to my primary care's office on Monday to tell them "Hey! The surgeon can only tell me so much! Now it's your job!" Don't you love it when each doctor passes the buck sometimes? I will say a prayer for you that you start feeling a little better soon. Take care and keep your chin up--Hopeto--

Old 08-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
(female)

Katina128 HB User

They did it lap, too. The carbon dioxide gas was excruciating for me, and I had a drain tube in for a week. It was pure misery. I'd rather birth my kids again. LOL The back/rib pain comes on after I do much of anything. If I lay around, I'm fine. But, if I do anything, even loading the dishwasher, it starts up. It's so weird. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User

When I had my gallbladder out I was doing an environmental habitat restoration internship. A week after having it out, I was back in the field working (caring for young native trees that had been planted). I never had any problems with pain. Maybe it's normal to have pain, but I'd definately ask my doctor.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
(female)

Katina128 HB User

Well, it's still going on. I see my surgeon next week and will ask him then if it's not better. IT's gotta have something to do with the surgery.

Closed Thread