It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
(female)

PRINCE7HAWK HB User
Red face Chest Pain from Gallbladder Surgery????

Hello All:

I had posted a while back. I had my gallbladder removed on June 8th, according to the surgeon, it had sludge, and was fully inflamed. The problem is that I have on and off diarrehia since surgery. I am taking the Colistiphol (not sure on spelling) for it, which helps. Today I woke up with terrible chest pains. Have any of you had this? I am concerned. I have been back to the surgeon twice, because I keep getting twinges of pain, underneath my right rib cage where my gallbladder was. His response with that they don't grow back. I know real supportive, I know. If the pain in my chest keeps up, I am going to end up going to the emergency room. I am thinking maybe it is just gas pain, but it shouldn't be this high up. It actually feels like some one is sitting on my chest.

Thanks. I hope you all feel better real soon. This really stinks, all of us went for surgery thinking it would help us, and we all have terrible side effects.

Take Care, All of your help is deeply appreciated

Old 08-30-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Chest Pain from Gallbladder Surgery????

You will have those twinges of pain where the gb was for some time time to come....I call it phantom pain.

Did you stay on a fat free diet for the first few weeks after surgery? It takes the bile duct a while to adjust so it's important to do that.

As for the chest pain, I never had that so I have no thoughts on it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread